Meet and Greet - Part One

hello everyone i hope you like this i've had it written for a while and i'm trying to finish a lot of my unfinished one shots that are just sitting in a folder lol ENJOY <3

            “Mad, you need to stay calm, they’re only people,” I said as my cousin and I waited in the line for the One Direction meet and greet. “Please breathe.”

            “Oh my gosh, Louis is real he’s a real person,” she shook from excitement as she spoke and I put my hand on her forearm. “Maya what if I look stupid?”

            “You look gorgeous,” I assured her for the fiftieth time today. “You’re going to go up there and give them hugs and I’ll take the picture for you.”

            “But I want to do a cool pose with them,” Maddie breathed. “But I don’t want to look stupid. Maybe I could ask Louis to hold me on his back?” She looked at me questioningly.

            “Do whatever you want, but you’re going to be fine.”

            We’d been waiting in line for three hours already and were nearly at the front. Maddie was basically passing out since she could see them from where we were standing. We were going to their concert tonight even though I wasn’t a huge fan of them. Nonetheless, I still liked their music and they were all quite attractive, so the meet and greet wasn’t that bad either. It was just the wait to talk to them for less than a minute and take a picture with them. It was crazy.

            In another thirty minutes the two of us were at the front of the line and Maddie asked who she should hug first. “Go with Louis, he’s your favorite isn’t he?” I asked with a smile.

            “Okay,” she breathed and the guard let us through and we walked over to where the five guys were standing. Maddie handed me her phone and I opened up the camera as she went straight forward to hug Louis.

            “I’ll take the picture,” a man said. “Go get in,” he encouraged and I looked up at him then where the guys were standing and Maddie was quickly hugging the rest of them. “Come on now, we don’t have all day.”

            “Oh,” I said pathetically and I locked eyes with Harry.

            “Maya, come on,” Maddie said as she stood in between Louis and Niall.

            Something drew me straight to Harry and I stood in between him and Liam. They said hello to me and I got both their arms wrapped around me, Liam’s around my shoulders and Harry’s around my waist. It all happened so fast, actually.

            “You’re beautiful,” Harry whispered in my ear after the picture was taken.

            “O-Oh,” I stuttered and he kissed my cheek.

            “Maya?” he asked softly as the guard called us off.

            “Yeah,” I breathed and before I knew it, I hugged him tightly around his neck, inhaling his cologne and in a blur I pulled back, managed an awkward goodbye, and was pulled away by my cousin.

            Maddie and I left the concert that night immediately after their last song so that we could make it to their hotel since Maddie wanted to see them again. It was nearly midnight and the hotel was already swarming with fans, but Maddie and I managed to push to the front of the accumulating crowd. We waited another hour and a half before the car with some of the band pulled up to the curb. And I swear, the screams here were louder than the ones in the arena.