Young Love - Part Two

dont forget to comment! :D 

“Don’t go too hard, Harry, I don’t think Maya will be able to take it!” a male voice called from the end of the hallway. Laughter erupted. It was the end of the school day and Harry was walking over to my locker. He ignored them. 

“Hey,” he said with a smile as he leaned in to kiss me. “Did you want to go get coffee with me?” 

“Don’t make her scream too loud when you take her home Harry!” one of his old friends yelled. “You might disturb the entire neighborhood!” 

I looked at the floor. Harry’s finger tilted my chin up towards his. “Don’t listen to them.” 

“You should suck his dick Maya!” someone else called. Even more laughter. 

I took a deep breath. “At least it’s bigger than yours!” I called back. Harry laughed and there were some ‘oooh’s’. “Let’s go,” I said with a smile. Harry took my hand in his and we walked in the opposite direction of the group of guys. 

“I feel bad that they used to be your friends and now they make fun of you…” my voice trailed off as Harry and I walked hand in hand into Dunkin Donuts. 

“Babe, they were assholes anyway,” Harry told me with a smile. “I never really liked them in the first place.” 

We walked up to the cashier and I ordered my coffee. I was reaching into my backpack for money when Harry handed the man a ten dollar bill and ordered his coffee too. The cashier took the bill and got him his change. 

“I think they were only friends with me because I was the new kid and the girls liked me or something,” Harry said as the man started preparing my coffee. Once Harry got his, we sat down together at one of the tables in the empty coffee shop. “So I have something for you,” Harry said, reaching into his backpack to pull out a little light blue bag. 

“Did you seriously get me something from Tiffany’s?” I asked in shock as he set it in front of me. He smiled and nodded. “This must have cost you a fortune,” I said, not even looking into the bag. 

“Please, just open it,” Harry said with a smile. 

I let out a breath and moved the white tissue paper out of the way before I pulled out a square jewelry box that said Tiffany and Co. on the top. I looked up at him and he nodded. 

I opened the white box to find a sterling silver necklace with a heart on it. I couldn’t even begin to imagine how much this must have cost him. “Oh my god,” I whispered before I took it out. 

“Do you like it?” Harry asked hopefully. 

“Oh my god, of course I do!” I breathed. Harry stood up and stepped behind me to put it on for me. It fell on my chest and Harry sat back down across from me and smiled. “I can’t believe you spent this much money on me…” 

Harry took my hand in his across the table. “I’m just happy you like it.” 

“I do,” I breathed, “I really, really do.” 

A YEAR AND A HALF LATER

“Hey Harry!” a guy in our grade named Aiden exclaimed as we stepped up to the house party together. Harry held my hand as he let us inside, but Aiden didn’t even acknowledge my presence. “There’s beer in the kitchen and the hard alcohol is under the dining room table,” he told Harry. Aiden glanced at me and then back at Harry. “I’m glad you could make it man.”