A Different Life - Part Three

i had a snow day today guys!!!! so i got to upload this earlier :) i'm so happy you all like this one shot haha i didn't expect it to get so many comments lol so here's the long last chapter :) ENJOY <3

I barely said anything that afternoon. Harry had stayed home from work to help me pack up all my belongings. Hazel played on the floor of my tiny bedroom while I took all my clothes out of my closet and folded them up.

“It’s stuffy up here,” Harry noted, “Why haven’t you said anything?”

I shrugged and put a couple pairs of my sweatpants in my bag. It was almost three o’clock in the afternoon and I was almost finished packing.

“Maya,” Hazel said, looking up at me and putting her arms out. I forced a weak smile and picked her up. Harry watched from the side.

“Hello my love,” I cooed, stroking her blonde hair.

“No,” she mumbled into my shoulder.

Harry folded my remaining clothes and zippered up my duffle bag. I felt myself crying but I turned away from Harry. “I love you, okay,” I whispered to Hazel who just held onto me tighter. “Hopefully I’ll be back soon to see you…” I set her on my stripped bed and she looked up at me confused. Then she looked at her father.

“Cecilia will probably be home soon,” Harry said softly. He picked up his daughter. “Do you want a ride anywhere?”

I shook my head and grabbed my duffle bag. “I’ll take the bus.”

“Come downstairs with me,” Harry said, “I have something to give you.”

He started to walk back to the main floor and I followed after him. He walked into the foyer and set Hazel down on the floor before he searched through the drawer of the front hall table. He took out a check book and I tried to say no, but he wrote out a check and folded it in half. He handed it to me.

“I can’t take this,” I insisted.

“It’s your last paycheck. And then some.”

My jaw dropped and I averted my gaze to Hazel who stood next to her dad, gripping onto his pants. “Maya,” she whimpered. I put my bag down and picked her up again.

“You’ll be good while I’m gone, right?” I hummed over her shoulder. Harry bit his bottom lip. Hazel shook her head. “Yes, you’ll be a good girl while I’m gone. You’ll be good for your daddy and your mommy…” I pulled back to look at her. “Right?”

She shook her head again.

“Yes,” I nodded my head and she shook hers again before she started crying again. “I really have to go.” I kissed her cheek a couple times before I handed her back to Harry. He held her and she held her hand out for me. I squeezed it. “I love you.”

“I luff yew,” Hazel repeated and my face lit up, as did Harry’s. That was the first time she said I love you. I picked up my duffle bag and felt tears prick at the corners of my eyes. I could still hear Hazel crying as I walked over to the front door. Harry tried to calm her down. I walked out the big front door and down the front sidewalk, my own crying starting up soon after I walked out of the front gates.

HARRY’S P.O.V.

I brought Hazel into the kitchen to try to get her to calm down. There had been way too much crying today. And it was all my fault.

If it weren’t for me, Maya wouldn’t have been fired.

If it weren’t for me, Hazel would’ve been happy.