More Than A Best Friend II

You know that you drive me crazy
But it's one of the things I like
Cause I know when you need it, baby
That I got that..
________

"You are about to get on my nerves with this silent treatment. Damn. Did you hear anything I said? What's wrong with you, today?"

Lost in my thoughts, I glanced at Jayce and sighed. I hadn't heard a thing she said. It was an entire week later, and I couldn't shake the image of Beyoncé's face in between my legs for shit. Or, the look in her eyes right before I kissed her. Dammit, Nika. This was all my fault.

"I'm fine. Just tired is all," I lied, as we walked through the mall.

"Well perk the fuck up, then. Feels like I'm talking to a brick wall. I mean, I talk to myself sometimes, but this isn't one of those times."

I chuckled and shook my head. Jayce was a mess, and clearly so was I. I don't know what had gotten into me that day. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I was so over Meek's bullshit, or if I was interested in Beyoncé. There's no way. I'm not even going to speak that into existence. What I do know is, things between Bey and I will forever be changed, and I was sad as hell that I was the cause of it.

Had the receptionist from the front desk not buzzed the door, delivering a package I had ordered weeks ago, I can almost guarantee Bey would have been sliding something else besides her tongue up inside of me. I needed figure out how women stayed strong around their friends after they had sex. I was going completely out of my mind.

Beyoncé leaving that morning was beyond awkward as well. I avoided her at all cost once I closed the front door. My loft was only but so big, and the open floor plan didn't leave me room to hide. I had rushed to the bathroom and waited until I heard her tell me she was leaving to come out. It didn't matter that she had left, though. I could still feel, smell, and taste her everywhere on my body.

"Are you going on a date or something?" I asked Jayce, as she picked up a silk, navy blue dress from the rack. It was cute as hell, but where was she going in that was my question.

"With who, Nic? I just like the dress. Dang, I can't get it for the day I do go on one?"

"Yes," I laughed. "I was just curious. I'm surprised you're even off work today."

Picking up a pair of heavily destroyed, cut up jeans, Jayce looked at me and with both shook our heads no and laughed. "Trash. I swear they make anything these days, and hoes will buy it claiming they're making a fashion statement."

"Right."

"But, girl. I'm so ready to branch out on my own and get my own salon I can taste it. I've been dreaming about it for the last year or so. The freedom of making your own schedule, taking days off, not having to deal with petty employees. Child, the Lord gone come through, watch," she ranted, as we walked toward the shoe section.

I believed Jayce could have anything she put her mind to. She was a hustler and grinded as one should. She went from doing nails in the living room of her mother's house and getting fussed at for all the traffic, to building her clientele up even more and getting hired at a shop. She had started from the bottom, but the top was even closer now.

"And your dreams will come true because you're living like you want them too. Now, had you been sitting around here not doing a thing, I wouldn't even be taking you seriously."

"Thanks, girl. You better not be saying that shit cause I do your nails for the low," she laughed, and I smacked her arm.

"Shut up. I still pay regular price, so go ahead with all that. Being friends doesn't pay bills, boo."