Senses IV

And when I least expected it, I found you
And because of you I know how it feels to be
Love, and when I look into your eyes I see
Love, pillow talk at night and I can hear your
_______

I'd never wanted to see anything or anyone a day in my life. It was true. I hadn't yearned for vision because I'd never had it. It wasn't snatched from me to miss or crave. It was simply something that wasn't in my makeup. I was fine with that, always being taught to believe that God made no mistakes. Who I was, was who I was meant to be. That was enough for me.

Until tonight.
Until her.

Vision, for once, was my enemy. There hadn't ever been anything I wanted in the world and couldn't have. Tonight, it was the ability to see. And no matter how many millions I'd inherited or made over the last fifteen years, I couldn't yet buy myself vision. Not tonight anyway. But...

Tonight, I wanted to see her.
Tonight, I needed to see her.

She smelled like the sweet honey-glazed love that I was desperately needing. Had been for a while now. My mother's death only magnified the desire and brought it to the forefront. In so many ways, she served as a mother and a significant other. She picked up the slack like she was my spouse. Now that she was gone, I was forced to face my own reality and seal the holes in my life that could only be filled by a partner.

"Do you live alone?" She asked, marinating her lips before and after speaking.

It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop, or maybe I had tuned out everything around me and honed in on her. Every sound her body made, I was aware of it. Not having my vision heightened a few other senses, as my doctor had always reminded me. It was the reason I had the keen sense of smell and hearing of a K-9.

"Myself and three dogs."

"Really?" She gushed, squirming under my null stare.

I faced her, but I couldn't see a thing. So, I listened. I listened to keep up with her movements and facial expressions. I listened to predict her mood and conclude things that one could easily see. I waited to hear her smile through her words like a lone child in the care of a stranger waiting for their mother's return.

I waited for her heartbeat to return to its normal rhythm, because it had been quite erratic since I'd picked her from her home. I waited for her labored breathing to slow to a creep. She was pulling in all of the air, but I wasn't bothered by it. As much as she needed, she was welcomed to it. The last thing I wanted was her depleted of oxygen before I had the chance to lay with her.

It's just dinner. I chastised, calming the wetness in my underwear before it got out of control.

Oni was tantalizing. Though physical, I'm sure, it was her aura that had intoxicated me far worse than the weed that I'd inhaled on the ride to her place and before making the call to see what ramen I held in my hands. She was a super drug. Undoubtedly, I was high as hell off her too. She put my buds to shame and made me reconsider having another share of them after dinner wrapped up.

"Are you comfortable?"

She'd squirmed for the millionth time. It was satisfying to hear the obvious signs of adoration, but I wasn't thrilled anymore. I wanted her to feel safe and secure during the brief time that we had together. It was imperative that she lightened up, loosened up and evolved into who she really was before we said our goodbyes.

"Jus... Just have a lot going on up there, you know?" She swallowed the lump in her throat. It was loud and revealing. Her nerves were shattered, heart in tow.