𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐅𝐮𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

The two of them pulled away, leaving a clear tension in the air. Jennifer tried to smile but couldn't hide her confusion. She brought her hand to her temples, massaging them as though it would ease the growing ache.

"Oh goddd, oh god, why did I do that?" she spoke, her voice filled with uncertainty.

Edward, never one to mince words, rolled his eyes but couldn't help a hint of amusement. "Fucking hell, just relax."

Jennifer looked up at him, her eyes searching for answers. "What was that? Why did you do that?"

"I- Fuck, I don't know." Edward admitted with a shrug. "Why did you do it?"

A nervous giggle escaped both of them as they tried to make sense of the situation.

"Look," Edward began, taking a deep breath. "I do like you, Jen, I genuinely—"

"No. No, don't say that," Jennifer interrupted abruptly.

"Why-"

Jennifer's words tumbled out in a frantic rush, her breath hitching. "Because I like how things are! I like having someone to bully who doesn't get all sensitive about it."

Edward met her gaze with a hint of a smirk. "You can still tease me if we get together. It's a mutual thing. I call you a bitch, you call me a cunt, that's just how it works," he said, nonchalantly shrugging.

Jennifer raised an eyebrow, still unsure. "You really want this? Seriously?" Her voice held a mix of curiosity and doubt.

Edward nodded resolutely. "Yes, I want this. We'll have to work on it every damn day. No matter what kind of relationship we have, we'll probably argue because I think you're a bitch, and you think I'm an egotistical asshole. That's just how it is, and that's probably how it will always be. But that doesn't mean we can't be together, Jen. Because I like you. And you wouldn't have kissed me like that if you didn't feel the same way." He paused, watching her closely for any sign of her true feelings.

Jennifer's head tilted to the side as she considered his words, her skepticism evident. "This isn't some ploy to boost your popularity, is it? Cheerleader and delinquent troublemaker. Sounds pretty cliche, breakfast club to me, Edward."

Edward's jaw clenched, frustration building. "Why can't you just trust me on this?"

Jennifer's gaze remained confused. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe the lack of kindness you've shown me since 2nd grade versus this sudden surge of likability towards me?" She answered with a touch of bitterness. Edward's fists clenched involuntarily.

Edward stood there, rendered momentarily speechless. Words failed him, and he wasn't sure how to convey what he felt. Instead, he wrapped his arms around Jennifer, pulling her close. The hug was a simple yet profound gesture of affection, and the warmth of his body next to hers eased Jennifer's anxiety more than she had anticipated.

In that vulnerable moment, they both found solace. It was a rare display of their true feelings, one they had both guarded carefully until now. Jennifer rested her head on Edward's chest, and they stayed that way, in each other's arms.

Three weeks passed, and much to the shock of the entire student body, the two were still together.

Their relationship came with its fair share of baggage. There were moments when they couldn't stand each other, love and hate seemed to intertwine in a toxic dance that left onlookers bewildered. It was a challenging relationship, but they worked on it tirelessly. They both knew they needed each other in their lives, it was like an addictive drug.

Jennifer found it hard to explain to her friends and eventually just gave up. She knew they couldn't understand, but no matter how much the couple 'hated' each other in the moment, there was still and underlying love and desperation for each other. 

had to delete half of this for being too cringe lmao