𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧 - 𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐝

Grace could hear Dally's angry voice, yelling from behind her as she walked away. "Stop avoiding your problems, Grace, just face it head on and stop being such a twit." She scowled, completely ignoring him and picking up her pace as she ventured outside.

Dally caught up to her, jogging to close the gap between them, and he grabbed her arm with a harsh grip. Grace tried unsuccessfully to pull away, but his grip remained tight.

"Get your hands off of me, Dallas," she snapped, her frustration evident. She noticed his jaw clench as he glared down at her.

"Why the fuck are you being so shitty?" he spat angrily, still holding her arm with a tight grip.

"Dal', please, just let go of me," she whispered, her tone softening. He didn't move, continuing to scowl at her.

"I will let go of you if you tell me what's wrong," he stated simply.

"Fine, just let go," Grace replied, and he warily released his grip on her arm. She turned to run, only to be harshly pulled back by her top, forcing her to face him. Their faces were almost touching, both of them enraged.

"What the hell is going on, Grace!" Dally raised his voice.

"Fine, Dal', I love being with you. I do, but I can't. I can't fucking do this with you anymore."

"Why not?" he questioned, his voice filled with confusion and frustration.

"Because I can't be with someone who goes to jail every other day for being an idiot! I can't be with someone who I barely ever get to see! I'm sick of the arguing! It hurts me." She yelled. "And I think you're gonna kill yourself, Dal. You get in too many fights, and whether you want to hear it or not, someday you're not gonna win."

He sighed angrily, his hands balled into fists. 

"You're in jail just as much as I am! Do you know how much stress you cause for Darry and Soda? They're always worrying about you, they stay up late most nights waiting for you to stumble through the door completely shit-faced and usually beat up from some unnecessary fight. So don't you dare act like I am the bad guy right now," he yelled in her face. He was right, and they both knew it. Grace stayed silent, unable to gather her thoughts.

"Look, just come back to bed with me. We can talk about it in the morning. I don't want you walking alone at night," he mumbled, reaching for her. Grace went with it, allowing him to pull her closer and tighten his arm around her waist.

"Get your hands off me. I'm too angry for physical contact," she growled, her frustration still there.

--

"Stop!" Grace jolted awake to the sound of Dallas' desperate voice. "Please stop! Please!" Dallas yelled next to her, thrashing around in a nightmare.

"Dal!" she whispered urgently, lightly shaking him. He jerked his head to the side, still trapped in his dream. "Dallas!" she yelled, shaking him harder. His eyes finally snapped open as his hand rose into the air. Grace flinched, but when he realised it was her, his hand dropped, and he cursed under his breath.

"Grace," he panted, running his hands through his sweaty hair. "Oh god, I'm sorry." He looked at her, his heart racing. But as soon as she wrapped her arms around him, his heart began to slow.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here," she whispered, soothing him before pulling back slightly and stroking his cheek with her hand. "I love you," she whispered, the words filled with sincerity.

He pulled away abruptly, looking at her in utter confusion, as if he were offended by the fact that she loved him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" she began.

"Why do you love me?" Dallas mumbled quietly. His eyes were filled with sadness and vulnerability, a stark contrast to his usual angry demeanor.

"How could I not, Dal?" Grace replied, gazing at him softly.

"I- I love you too," Dallas stuttered, as if the words had never left his mouth before.

"Really?" Grace was taken aback, surprised that he had managed to say it. She had always known he loved her, but hearing the words was a pleasant shock.

"Yes," he affirmed, groggily wrapping his arms around her, holding her close.