corey haim - i love you

"Okay, mother," Julie paused as she referred to her mother, "motherfucker," she turned to refer to her father. "I'm leaving," she stated as Corey put his arm around her supportively.

"Oh my lord," her mother muttered under her breath. And like a volcano, she exploded. "You ungrateful bitch! We've fed you, put a roof over your head and this is how you repay us!" Her mother screeched angrily. "You know we can't afford to live without your rent!"

"Ungrateful for what? Your abuse?" Julie yelled back. Her father took a heavy step forward, grabbing her wrist harshly and pulling her towards him. And just like that, the memory of that night flooded her mind like water rushing into a sinking ship. The sound of breaking glass, his hands tightening around her throat, crying out for him to stop, the back of his hand across her face. It wasn't hard to recall. After all, this was her life.

"Get off me!" she screamed, trying to pull away as his grip tightened.

"You little brat. Get the hell out of my house now!" he physically spat on her face, his grip on her wrist not budging.

"I can only leave if you let go of me," she growled through gritted teeth. Again, his grip just tightened, and she winced in pain despite her attempts not to show it.

"Hey, get your hands off of her!" Corey stepped forward, pushing her father away from her. His grip released as he walked up to Corey angrily.

"What did you just say to me, you little shit?" He questioned, angrily. 

"I said, get your fucking hands off of her," Corey stepped forwards with his hands balled into fists.

"Corey, Corey, don't," Julie muttered. Before she could get him to stop, Corey had thrown his body weight behind the fist that edged closer to her father's face. To everyone's surprise, her father just stood, looking stunned. Not a jab back, no more fists were thrown, and Corey stepped back to her side, pulling her closer to him by her waist.

"Please, just let me go. I'll pack my stuff and go. You won't hear from me again, just let us leave now," Julie stated, to which he huffed without an answer. She quickly pulled Corey into her room to pack her things in fear that if she took too long, her father would come back.

"What the hell were you thinking?" she whispered angrily. 

"He was going to hurt you!" Corey replied, pleading for her to understand. 

"He could've killed you, Corey. He's a violent alcoholic and twice the size of you," she grabbed all of her things and shoved them in her bag. "Come on, we're going through the window. I don't ever want to see either of them again."

"Julie-" He began. 

"What?" she asked as he pulled her into a gentle hug.

"I love you," he mumbled as a few tears slipped down her cheek.

"I love you too," she sobbed. She didn't really know why she was crying. A part of her was happy that she could be free from the abuse, yet another part of her was in disbelief that it was over. She couldn't quite believe it and felt like it wasn't true, it can't be this easy to be free from it.

"Baby, you're okay. They can't ever hurt you again, ever. I promise." He whispered, stroking her hair.