𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐬 - 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

mr shue - "we're supposed to be a family" 🤪😭✨❤️ i know this scene off by heart lmao

"You know what? I'm sick of you both. Keep screwing each other because I truly don't give a shit anymore," Lexie mumbled at her now ex-best friend and boyfriend. There was a tense stillness on both sides. 

"Lex—" Alex tried to get a word in, but she cut him off instantly.

"Shut it. I don't want a fake explanation from either of you. And don't expect me to cry over it either," she spat at them, her fists clenched so tightly that her nails dug into her skin until it broke.

"Lexie, you're being fucking dramati—" Before the boy could finish his sentence, Lexie's fist collided with his cheekbone, snapping his head to the side. Stumbling, he nearly fell over, rubbing his cheek with his palm, her action clearly taking him by surprise.

"What the hell!" he cried out, clutching his now aching cheek. "Crazy bitch!" 

Molly scowled and angrily approached Lexie, swinging a sloppy punch that missed as Lexie ducked. She pushed Molly backward, causing her to crash into the lockers.

Lexie threw the first punch, and suddenly her fist was slamming into Molly's face. Molly retaliated by sinking her knee into Lexie's stomach. They stumbled apart for a brief second to catch their breath before Lexie took a fistful of Molly's hair, yanking it as she screamed.

Someone pulled Lexie off of Molly, and she resisted, yelling abuse. Lexie twisted around to see Jonathan with his arms around her waist, attempting to calm her down. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked softly eventually releasing her from his grip. The girl didn't answer him and instead pushed her way through the crowd, walking into an empty classroom, holding back tears. Students watched in stunned silence.

Jonathan followed closely behind Lexie. "Answer me this time. Are you okay? I heard what happened." 

"Yeah, I'm fine," she lied, sitting herself down on the carpeted floor. A tear rolled down her cheek, which she quickly wiped away.

"Well, clearly not," he said softly, sitting down next to her. 

She sighed in response. "I just thought that me and Alex were doing okay. He never said anything bad about our relationship, he always was super nice to me. It was just unexpected, you know?" she mumbled, staring at the ground. He looked at her for a moment before lightly wrapping an arm around her.

"Don't worry, it clearly wasn't meant to be. He doesn't deserve Trust me, Alex is a dick.  He was a mistake, you two shouldn't have been dating in the first place," Jonathan reassured her. His words were surprisingly comforting, and Lexie buried her face into her hands, letting him pull her in closer.

"Why are you being so nice to me? You usually just tease me." I ask. 

"I don't know. That's how it's supposed to be isn't it? Flirtatious banter between the Quarterback and head cheerleader, it's the perfect love story." Jonathan replied, smirking at her before continuing. "Who's being their real self in high school anyways." He shrugged.

"true" Lexie whispered, smiling at him. 

this one is so short i'm sorry, it was so cringe i had to delete like half of it - editing four years later