dallas winston's sister - nothing's gonna hurt you

She lay there, his arm draped over-protectively around her waist, pulling her painfully close to him. 'He loves me', she reminded herself. She just had to remember that. He reeked of alcohol right now, but he loved her, and it was her fault. She shouldn't have spoken to him like that, and she knew it was her fault that he hurt her. She started to doze off as a silent tear slipped down her cheek.

She soon jolted awake to the sound of banging on the door. They lived in a rundown one-bedroom flat above a bar, so it was most likely some drunk couple trying to get a room. She groaned. It was three AM. Gently pulling Bob's arm off her in desperate hopes not to wake him, Valerie slowly rolled out of bed and tiptoed towards the door. The knocking got louder and angrier. God, she was really in for it if Bob woke up.

Opening the door, she was met with Dallas, which made her instantly roll her eyes. "Hey, Dal." She whispered, "uh, are you drunk again?" The look in his eyes told her he wasn't here for a chat. His intentions weren't good, and she knew it. "Dallas, what is it? Can you please just speak?"

"Val, get out now," he spoke roughly, but she could see the concern etched on his face. "Please, just come with me. I'll take you to the Curtis' house. Val, please," he begged. His voice was laced with an immense amount of sadness as he stepped closer, examining the bruise and cuts scarring her face. The anger was evident through his expression as he stormed through the door with rage. She grabbed his arm and pulled him backwards as forcefully as she could, sighing gratefully that somehow Bob was sleeping through the commotion her brother had caused. 

"Dal, please don't wake him. He'll get so mad at me," she pleaded with him, only making the situation much worse.

He pointed his finger in her face angrily, "Outside now. I'm not messing around, Valerie! Get your ass outside that door, and I'll be out soon."

"Dal, please just leave! I'm fine here. Please, just go back to Bucks and sober up," she tried to push him out the door, but he didn't budge. 

"You're only fifteen years old. He's twenty-one, Val! That's older than me, come with me now." He lowered his voice to a serious tone. 

"Stop you don't understand! He loves me, why can't you just be happy with me for once-" She whined, and his expression twisted. 

"Val, get in the fucking car!" He screamed in her face as she tried desperately not to burst into tears. "Valerie, I'm begging you, just go and sit in the car." He whispered.

"Dal, he'll kill me if he found out I left, even if it's just one night." She justified. 

"Val, baby, nothing is gonna hurt you," he spoke steadily. "Trust me. I just have to do something, and I'll be right there." She knew better than to keep fighting with him. She also knew exactly what he was going to do.