Chapter One Hundred & Sixty-Three | Fifth World

Start from the beginning

Remnants of which still clung to Fahren's skin under his meticulously-chosen outfit. He thanked the cooler temperatures outside that had warranted a turtle-neck jumper a day after his long stay at the hotel in the city.

When the call came for everyone to take their seats, people gravitated to the positions which reflected their predicted contributions for the next few hours. Emilio took one of the prime positions, beside him was a face Fahren vaguely recalled as one of the other technicians working for Radical Innovations.

As the most indisputable evidence when it came to Radical Innovation's technology succeeding, Fahren was also placed near to them. So in a flurry of movement, while everyone was distracted as they took their seats, no one noticed the brief and all-revealing insight into a certain pair's private lives as their lines of sight caught each other's. In that brief moment, where all Fahren saw was the gorgeous man's face groomed spectacularly in an appropriate fashion for a CEO, he couldn't help but relive a couple of scenes in his head that made his cheeks grow warm.

Clearly, despite everything, Emilio's mind plagued him similarly. That was one of the main reasons why relationships between coworkers was such a risk, in the end they had seen each other stark naked and could tell what type of person the other was by the way they played in the bedroom. Which in this case, Fahren found more than thrilling. Given that he was the only one in the room who knew what Emilio's face looked like in the throes of passion.

In the seconds it took Fahren to conjure up all these dirty thoughts, people were still taking the seats. So it gave him a single opportunity to offer Emilio a quick wink before planting his backside in the seat he would be tethered to for the next few hours.

Emilio's mouth twitched as he swiftly made a showing of getting comfortable by unbuttoning his suit-jacket, as many of those had done around him.

The meeting began with a brief indication of whom was present. Once that was over, Emilio presented everything the board of medical-directors had already spent numerous weeks looking over. But this was the first time they were open to a serious discussion regarding the findings, and so everything must be reiterated. Who else better to go over it than the brains behind the technology, his usual semi-monotonous tone disappearing as his eagerness to explain took over.

Only Fahren found it somewhat odd at times, as full-body scans were displayed for everyone to see the mangled state his body prior to his admittance to Radical Innovations. When Emilio pointed to the worst of his afflictions and went into detail, going so far as to be brutally honest about how long Fahren would have to live, Fahren peeked a look at his family to see all but Andre were not looking at the screen.

His mother and father had their hands clasped tightly together under the table and Fahren couldn't resist taking her other hand. She tilted her head to look at him and Fahren smiled, giving her hand a slight squeeze.

Screen by screen, the technology that had been continuously monitoring him illustrated his unbelievable recovery. It was easy to forget that it was his own body he was watching, especially when there was a huge coincidence that during the time Fahren was considered 'unresponsive yet stable' he was actually out-of-office and living many different worlds, yet mere minutes before the screen showed him regaining conscience, all stats blinked green.

Fahren felt the odd glance throughout, which was understandable. It was hard to picture that he was the one with the body that had once had over half the bones in his body either fractured or completely broken. As Emilio had observed for himself, especially during their few downtime's in the hotel, even the prescribed ointment also worked wonders for reducing the plethora of scars to the faintest of marks.

The only ones which refused to comply were on his thigh, but the blond genius had been more than happy to show his appreciation for them with his mouth.