Chapter Sixty-One | Second World

[ 61 ]

A pair of silver eyes looked from one adult, to the other. The whole room was silent as the ridiculously-adorable three year old seemed to be mulling things over. The toddler had just been told something, which to any child his age, would have been very monumental. So the two adults held their breaths, waiting patiently as the little one squinted his eyes, puffing his cheeks in thought.

"I was in there?" Asahi eventually asked, poking a finger against Hisaya's stomach. The one being prodded was a little startled, looking to the man who had obviously taught their son where babies came from. No doubt leaving a few major facts out.

Ryoichi smiled, "That's right, baby." He confirmed, and Asahi's mouth formed small 'o' shape.

Both Hisaya and Ryoichi glimpsed a look at one another, unanimously letting their baby take his time figuring it out. "You're my mama?" He eventually asked, and the name hit Hisaya more than he thought it would. He was aware of Omega's being considered the 'mothers', and held some reservations about being called that, but he never thought to correct Asahi.

"That's right, we have the same hair, see." Hisaya gestured to his head, and Asahi stared in wonder before fiddling with his own. "I have..your hair?" He spoke slowly.

Hisaya masked the urge to laugh at Asahi's confused expression, "When you were in my tummy growing, you took a part of me and a part of your papa. That's why you have the same gorgeous eyes as your papa, and my blond hair." He smiled warmly at the intently-listening baby.

Asahi seemed to then understand, but his eyes dropped to his feet, which he awkwardly shuffled beneath him. "Papa always said mama was away- I thought me did something wrong and mama didn't want to see me." His voice was so quiet and as the pressure around Hisaya's eyes grew, Asahi gave a sniffle sound as he kept his head down.

Hisaya cupped his baby's face, tilting it up to see a few tears already leaking from the silver pools. His breath caught in his throat as he pressed his lips to Asahi's forehead without any hesitation. Asahi clung to him in return, and when Hisaya pulled back just enough to see him, the little bun followed and curled into his arms.

So he lifted him up onto his lap, wrapping his arms securely around the quietly sobbing baby. "You've done nothing wrong, baby, I was away but I love you so much. So so much." He emphasised as the little one didn't lift his head.

"Will you go away again?" Asahi whispered as his face was tucked into Hisaya's chest.

"No, I'm not going anywhere." He promised.

The clingy bun held on tightly, and only when he poked his head up, eyes no longer crying, did he speak up, "Mama." He tested, and Hisaya beamed.

The small family spent quite some time huddled together, talking gently amongst themselves. Asahi continued to make his parents laugh when he proposed all the different things that they could do together. After first instructing his omega parent that he could sleep in his room. Which, because of Ryoichi's ongoing punishment, seemed like an option Hisaya should consider.

When Asahi was put down for a nap in the afternoon, the little one struggling to keep his eyes open as they spoke, Hisaya was the one to tuck him in and kiss his forehead. And Asahi smiled, enjoying being pampered. "Will I see you everyday?" The baby asked, his voice light and so quiet; a testament to how tired he was.

"Of course," Hisaya caressed the inherited curls that popped out of his son's hair. "I'm going to live here from now on, so you'll see me all the time. But you need to know, baby, that like your papa, I have a big job. Which means that sometimes I'll be quite busy, but I want you to remember that I will always come back to you and your papa."