Chapter Fifty-Six | Second World

[ 56 ]

"How can I help you, young man?" Came the maturer voice on the other end of the phone. Hisaya smiled, the man immediately sounding accommodating even though he hadn't spoken yet.

"How are you doing Mr. Sadayoshi?"

"Kensei, please. I'm as well as any other man my age, but I don't think you'd be interested in me harbouring on about my slightly-arthritic knee, so what can I do for you?"

Hisaya sighed, "Then excuse me for being blunt, I know you're military-based, but I hoped you'd have some intel on other things."

"Such as?"

"The Underground," Hisaya prompted but Kensei didn't immediately respond, which he took as the other man waiting for him to elaborate. So he went on to explain that it was a club.

"No need to explain, I know it." The wise man's voice noticeably became sterner. "Though I would never step foot in such a vulgar place, I know very well what's going on behind those doors. It's an escort club, or as it's referred to in lighter terms, a host club."

Hisaya felt sick to his stomach. He had gone silent, unable to form a proper reply to the other man's information, which Kensei picked up on and spoke to fill the silence. "I had it looked into as soon as I heard about it way back when. As soon as one of Hiromasa's associates slipped me an invite to it. I had some of my own people have a look, and from what they gathered there's no sexual favours happening. But they were able to see how disconcerting it was for the children, who were suddenly dressed in ridiculously skimpy outfits and plonked beside alphas over twice their age."

"How come you haven't taken them down?" Hisaya blurted, his rage fuelling his words.

But the man accepted the attitude, he sighed down the phone, "I can't really make an excuse for myself. Disgustingly, in this day and age, establishments like The Underground are discretely common. And when we found out that the children aren't doing anything sexual, it was a relief. The thing is, Hisaya, we've all learnt how to turn a blind eye to those in need and only care about our own families, and for that I apologise. If it's within my power, I'll do anything to help you out."

Hisaya understood, he did. It was hard to sympathise with people struggling when you yourself were not. It was easy to just think 'ah well, someone else can deal with it.' And he understood all the more because of Kensei's omega son. He wanted to protect him, shield him away from the reality of how Omega's were treated.

So he didn't blame him, "Did your men happen to get any pictures of the club from inside of it? Pictures showing the children and such?"

"Yes, though we don't have a clear one of Hiromasa himself, there's plenty showing his closest associates, including the glasses-wearing advisor whose always plastered to his side."

"Perfect! Do you think you could send them to me? That may be the final element to the large portfolio of evidence we've got against Hiromasa."

"You'll have them within the hour. But I have to ask, will you be taking the evidence to court?"

"Where he could potentially use hush money?" Hisaya retorted, "No, I intend to broadcast it very publicly. So I recommend that if you have any stock in the man's empire, you withdraw them quickly because it's going to come tumbling down."

Kensei's laugh made Hisaya smile. "You have a way with words, kid, but I trust you. I'll get you those photographs and any other related evidence to bring the bastard down."

"I appreciate it, when this is all over I'll treat you and your sons to dinner."

"Sounds good to me. Take care Hisaya."