Chapter One Hundred & Sixty-Three | Fifth World

[ 163 ]

Fahren often forgot what the popularity of his families company meant in the real world. It meant that those media companies who were raring to find any story pertaining to the business world, would naturally be keeping a close eye on WATSS and Radical Innovations. Not to mention that their public agreement where the two companies outlined their support of one another, with copious amounts of investments to back that up, had been long since talked about. With the first mention of it being around the time of Fahren's recovery.

Naturally he hadn't thought much about it since the business-world was his mother's, father's and brothers' area of interest and not so much his own. But after being continuously stunned by the genius behind the technology that saved his life, he now understood the importance of it all. And how such technology could be the key to helping eliminate pressures on those working within hospitals, all while supporting and enhancing the chances of recuperation for those patients who have been left with slim chances of survival.

The potentially groundbreaking exposé was something the press would love to sink their teeth into and publish long articles about. But it still caught Fahren momentarily by surprise when a handful of cameras were ready and waiting as he and his family left the confines of their car and sauntered into a building that already gave the media a clue into what was going to be discussed.

Other than blatant mistruths intended to smear his name, which his family quickly quashed, Fahren had otherwise kept his name firmly out of the headlines. Ordinarily it would be one of his two older brothers who would take up the position, as they were quickly becoming the faces to turn to when Raphael Westergaard was unavailable. Which, with retirement in sight, was what his father was practically skipping towards with joy.

So in the face of the cameras, while the rest of the Westergaard entourage professionally pooled their expressions together in a collective nonchalance, Fahren flashed an ever-charming smile and offered the slightest of waves that got an immediate welcoming from the individuals behind the cameras.

Beside him, Sebastian, known for being the most like Raphael with his serious temperament, scoffed and hid his amusement behind a cough. But before they could capture a shot of that slip-up, the family had already disappeared through the entrance of the private hospital.

When a date had finally been agreed on, where all necessary individuals would be available to attend, it quickly became clear that a fair amount of people were going to want hear what was going to be said. That day could prove monumental in one way or another and not one of the bigwigs involved in the medical sector wanted to be left out.

They were directed towards a large conference room, where a large percentage of those taking part in the meeting were present. Most appeared to congregate around a particular area, and as Fahren poked his head over his parent's shoulders, he spotted a familiar blondie who stood amidst them.

Trading conversation with a neutral expression was Emilio's default way of doing things. While there were some who would misinterpret how he came across, often times pegging it as nonchalance, in fact Emilio was incredibly astute and always dedicated his attention solely towards whoever was speaking to him.

So it surprised and delighted Fahren as those startling blue eyes briefly flashed across the room and landed on him and his family. There was a lingering look before the gaze fell away and returned to the man he was talking to.

It had been a full week since Fahren had last seen Emilio. The main reason was down to the organising of the exact same meeting they were about to have. But Fahren found it hard, as he reminded himself time and time again, that he had to sacrifice time with Emilio if it meant getting any work done. As it proved conclusive that that wasn't going to be the case when they spent a vast majority of their time rolling around in bed— just as they had done a week ago.