Chapter One Hundred & Sixteen | Fourth World

[ 116 ]

Lotus flowers bobbed gently on top of the water. Every now and then, due the disturbances of the water, they moved more energetically. But even the stray petals that floated alongside weren't completely disturbed.

Candles dripping wax mounted flames which wavered every now and then, casting a warming glow that reflected on the curtains which draped all around the bath. Every minor touch was essential for creating a space for the pair to feel secure and relaxed. And it proved successful, as every so often there was a 'swoosh' of the water as the pair clung closer to one another.

Hesitantly discarded, the knife lay on the side of the bath and just within reach. Unexpectedly following the action of having a knife to his throat, the benevolent god had once again stole Finch's sole attention by seizing his mouth. Though firm, it lacked the urge of desperation it once had and instead worked to coax the younger man out of his turbulent thoughts.

In the otherwise silent space, droplets falling from appendages sounded as they became ensnared in each other's grasps. Finch remained perched on top of the man, position comforting and letting him hold a minor sense of power over the almighty being. After abandoning his weapon, his hands moved from the man's shoulders and travelled upwards to cup his face as their kiss continued. It was a breathtaking exchange.

Although his position could be mistaken as a laid-back one, allowing Finch to mount his lap and get a feel for him without interference, Zephyr actually maintained control underneath the water. His slender fingers clutched Finch's hips and kept him firmly in place. He took pleasure in controlling their lower regions as they briefly ground together in rhythm.

Unlike the god beneath him, Finch still wore an element of clothing. But they could hardly be considered anything as protective as modern-day clothing. Little stood in the way of the arousal that made its presence known every time their bodies came together. It made all the blood rush to Finch's cheeks.

When the poor mortal broke the kiss for breath, he slumped forward and his arms collapsed around the deity. His knees which kept him propped up could no longer hold him, so his bottom landed comfortably on Zephyr's lap. The certain proud arousal slipped straight up the back of his skirt and made Finch gasp.

The seated man of the two was cheekily smiling as a response, running his hands up from the slender hips and continued upwards until his long nails flicked at the waistband of the skirt. Regardless of it being underwater, Finch tilted his head sidewards from where he kept it rested on the man's shoulder.

Though the water was slightly milky in colour, with a beautiful scent emanating from the lotus flowers and surrounding candles, Finch's skin prickled as the determined touch and grazes of long nails ran up his bare skin. All other senses seemed to drown out as his nerves came alive. His hot breath fanned the area where Zephyr's shoulder and neck met and it elicited a gentle shiver from the man.

"Is this how a god normally communicates with their followers?" Finch breathlessly wondered, "You know, since I'm not spiritual." There was a huff of amusement from the man that lovingly held him.

Finch unintentionally held his breath a moment later as the fabric which was wrapped around his waist, fell loose. With a light brush as it was removed completely, he habitually clung a little tighter to the man who felt less like a stranger than before.

Zephyr turned and pressed a kiss to Finch's forehead. "You are not a follower, dearest."

"Nor are you good at dodging a question."

Giving in, Zephyr gave a deep chuckle as his hands came to rest on Finch's tempting backside. Even though they were both catching their breath— with only one of them that truly needed to— the spiritual being slowly rotated his hips and introduced his thick arousal to the soft nook of Finch's behind. But even while doing so, he was able to respond calmly.