Part Sixteen: Spawn

It was morning at the Happy Hotel...and, Charlie was the first to awaken.

she rose up from her bed (revealing that she was nude) and began to stretch out her arms and back as she yawned loudly. Charlie then looked beside her...and, saw that Vaggie was still asleep.

Smiling, Charlie leaned over and gave her girlfriend a soft kiss on the cheek. Charlie then lifted her blankets off of her, while keeping Vaggie covered.

Stepping down upon the shag carpet, Charlie took soft steps over to her closet. Quickly putting on a fresh set of clothes, Charlie returned to her bed where Vaggie was still asleep.

Once again, the demoness smiled and gave Vaggie a soft kiss on her cheek.

"i love you.." whispered Charlie.

Charlie then silently walked away from the bed, and opened her room door. Gently closing it so not to disturb Vaggie, Charlie walked down the hall to start the new day.

Charlie then stopped short as she passed by the room where Damien was staying.

As she thought back to her earlier talk with Vaggie last night, Charlie contemplated on what to do next. She knew what Damien needed...But, she also knew he would stubbornly deny it.

This certainly wasn't going to be easy. but, Charlie had to do 'something'. taking a deep breath, Charlie ultimately decided to open the door with he master key.

But, inside...she found NOTHING. Damien wasn't in his room. In fact, unless Niffty had been here recently, it looked as if his bed hadn't been slept in AT ALL.

Charlie closed the door, and resumed walking down the hall.

*****

As Charlie descended down the staircase, she walked over to Husk at the bar. "excuse me.."

Husk groaned. "whadda ya' want??" grumbled the hellcat.

"Have you seen Damien around??" asked Charlie. "He's not in his room."

"(*BELCH!*) not since last night.." answered Husk, drinking a bottle of cheap booze. "I think I heard the sound of a motorcycle before I clocked out. So, maybe he went into town."

Charlie had a worried look in her large eyes. "I hope he isn't in any sort of trouble."

Husk chortled. "knowing THAT guy...he's likely MAKING Trouble."

Charlie frowned, hoping that wasn't the case.

[Meanwhile...Back on Earth.]

Time seemed to come to a halt as the two figured stared down at one another.

The Ghost Rider gazed expressionless at this strange new figure that glared back at him with glowing, bright green. It's red cloak billowing in the wind, acting almost as if it were ALIVE.

Zarathos could sense the power of this figure. It was clearly of Hellish origins, and processed strength that left the demon astonished (and, that almost NEVER happened.)

Damien, however...took notice of the white 'M' marking on the figure's chest. This made the Rider's hellfire flare up, as they could think of only ONE person associated with that letter.

The Cloaked Demon sensed the Ghost Rider's hostility...and, made the first move.

the stripped ends of the crimson shroud then came alive, and attempted to restrained the Ghost Rider. However, upon touching the Ghost Rider's limbs, they caught on fire.