Part Twenty-Nine: BREAKING NEWS

In the lobby of the Happy Hotel, Ms. Mayberry was sitting on a chair near the fireplace. as she gently rocked back-and-forth, her eyes were gazed upon a small photograph.

The Lavender She-Demon rubbed her eyes, breathing out as her mind wandered. Once again, regret and guilt was eating away at her like a swarm of Piranha.

"Good afternoon, Miss Mayberry." spoke a voice.

Mayberry looked to see Vaggie approach her, a smile on her face.

"Can I get you anything??" continued Vaggie. "We do have NON-Alcoholic drinks here."

"well...I could use some Orange Juice." answered Mayberry.

Vaggie looked at her clipboard. "oh, I'm so sorry. All we have is Apple Juice."

"That will do, thank you." said Mayberry.

"Great!, I'll be right back with your beverage." As Vaggie skipped away to do her task, Charlie passed her by as she too approached Ms. Mayberry with a clipboard in hand.

"Hi." spoke Charlie, with a smile. "I hope you are enjoying your stay here at the Hotel."

"It's okay." spoke Mayberry, softly. "I am surprised at how peaceful it is here."

Charlie smiled. "Just my little piece of Heaven right here in Hell."

Mayberry chortled lightly...but, then resumed sulking.

"what's wrong??" asked Charlie, who sat down next to the woman.

"it's nothing, just...Reminiscing." spoke Mayberry, who then smiled. "It was in front of a fire place like this one when it happened..."

"When 'What', happened?" asked Charlie.

"when I conceived my son." answered Mayberry, bluntly.

Charlie blushed bright red at this.

"It was on Christmas Eve...and, it was the coldest night that I can remember." began Mayberry. "I was in Damon's arms as we sat in front of the fire, trying to stay warm as frost covered the windows."

Mayberry smiled warmly. "but, not even that blizzard could freeze the heat of our passion that night. Now, whenever I see a burning fireplace, or a blistering snow storm...I think of HIM. And, my son."

Charlie was silent for a moment, watching the flames along with Mayberry.

"I suppose you know about what me and Dami-, Daniel did the other night." spoke Charlie.

"I did." answered Mayberry. "It was hard for me to stay silent about it. But, I have to accept that my son isn't a child anymore. He...isn't the baby that I remembered."

"speaking of Babies..." began Charlie. "we, uhh...We're kinda trying to make one ourselves."

Mayberry looked at Charlie...and, smiled. "If it means I get Grandchildren, then by all means: "Take Him For a Ride."

Charlie chuckled, despite the awkwardness of the conversation.

"So...you're REALLY okay with having grandchildren related to me??" spoke Charlie. "I mean...My dad IS Lucifer, so they'll also be HIS grandchildren, too."

"I am in no place to judge that...literally, since my actions got me in Hell." spoke Mayberry. "But, I'm not concerned over that, dear. They'll be YOUR children, not his."