Fest

"Baby, you're going to do really well, trust me." Jungkook said through the phone as he sorted out his attendance file.

"You dont get it, kookie! I shouldnt have agreed to this. I can't do a solo!" Tae grumbled, making jungkook sigh. The boy was not ready to listen to anyone. The current topic was about the fest that will be conducted on saturday.

Tae had to perform his first ever solo, representing the music club. But he was scared, and nervous and he felt as if no one understood him in the slightest.

"You can do a solo, angel. Jimin was telling me how you wouldn't stop practicing. He said you sound wonderful already, bear. Don't be so hard on yourself." Jungkook consoled, he was worried the boy will burst into tears any moment now.

"But-but what if I mess up? Everyone will laugh at me, and call me names..." Taehyung mumbled sadly.

"Who would dare to call my Tae names?? If they do, come straight to me I'll punch them-" Jungkook starts but then stops with his baby scolding him, "Sorry sorry, but I swear no one will call you anything. But why are we even discussing this? You're going to be perfect, bubba. Going to make kookie so proud, hmm."

Jungkook could hear the boy sniffling, understanding the boy just needs a few minutes.

"Right here, lovely. Take your time." Jungkook said softly, using the tone like when the two cuddle.

"You pwomise I'll be okay?" Taehyung asked, and jungkook almost see the boy pouting with big puppy eyes.

"I promise, pup. When you get off the stage, I'll be the loudest one clapping, all for my little saxophone star." Jungkook chuckled, Tae finally giggling too.

"Thank you, kookie. I'll go now, okie? I gotta finish my English essay." Tae said, waving his hand as if jungkook could see him.

"Are you still not going to sing for me? Why does everyone get to hear you before the show but not me." Jungkook huffed. Tae hadn't let him hear the performance. Even jimin had teased jungkook, saying he is still Tae's number one(yes the two had gotten close to each other too).

"Just two more days, kookie." Tae giggled, "Dont you like surprises?"

"Yeahh yeahh. I'll bear with it for you, I guess." Jungkook dramatically sighed.

"Na night kookie, byeee." Taehyung smiles.

"Good night, sweet." Jungkook pressed a small kiss through the phone, knowing the boy will be a blushing mess.

...

Saturday arrived in a blink of a eye, Tae was a mess. He had curled up on the sofa of the dressing room, half an hour before the show. His music club teacher had already wished him good luck and told him to relax, she had left to go check on other things. He was the only one in the room with jimin.

"Minnie I cant go on the stage! Can you go instead?" Tae whined as he stuffed his face into a pillow.

Jimin rolled his eyes at the dramatic boy, "Stop it, Tae, you're going to ruin your makeup and that pillow. And no, I am not going to go instead. Come on, we all know you're going to rock it."

"I just want kookie, I wanna go home!" Tae stubbornly said. Tae felt as if he was forgetting all his lyrics, his placements, the chords, everything! Ahhh I hate this, the little boy thought to himself.

Jimin tried consoling him a little more but then gave up and just grabbed Tae's phone to call Mr. Jeon.

"Hi baby-" The elder started but was cut off with jimin saying, "Eww, okay, Mr. Jeon."