Now is the time

*Time skip*

"Bubba? Look here, look at the camera." Jungkook tried to get Taehyung's attention as he had panned a camera to the latter's face.

The little one was dressed in a button-up and formal pants. All ready for his graduation! Kim Taehyung was graduating. He had done so well this year, gaining top scores, and now, finally, he was graduating!

Everything was going perfectly, Jimin had done well too and was soon joining Yoongi in the same university. Taehyung chose to take a year off to weigh all his options. He wasn't sure what to do next. It was a big decision, but with support from his parents and Jungkook, he decided to take things slow.

Now, they were all gathered at Kim's to finally leave for the ceremony. The excitement was already high. Both Jimin and Taehyung were bouncing off the roof, too happy and emotional. Their parents were so proud, and a grin adorned their faces.

Jeon Jungkook, on the other hand, was on a whole other level. He was so happy for his baby, his favorite student. It was a bittersweet moment. He would miss his little angel in school, but he knew with the entire year off thing, he would get to meet him way often at home. He was looking forward to taking the next step, nervous too. But it would be foolish to think, sweet Tae would ever say no to his Kookie.

"Jiminieee, come in the frame too!" Tae pulled Jimin in a side hug, smiling all wide for the camera. Yoongi and Jungkook got to work with clicking multiple pictures of the duo.

"It's 10 already. We should leave soon." Mrs. Park said, the other adults agreeing.

"One more picture, mama. All of us together!" Jimin suggested. They all huddled together, and jungkook set the camera's timer.

"Say cheeeseee."

...

The graduation ceremony went smoothly. Everyone was happy, tears were shed out of pure joy by some parents, and the kids were just relieved and excited for their future.
When Tae was on stage, his mom was getting emotional, his dad was on video call and was whistling and cheering, jimin was clapping and jumping from his place in his line. Taehyung was smiling with a soft blush on his cheeks, waving all cute to his mom and dad. But his heart skipped a beat when his eyes met the teacher standing beside the principal, his one and only Jungkook.

Jungkook had such a wide grin on his face that people would confuse to think it was his graduation and not the younger's. When the principal handed over the degree to Tae, he thanked him and shook hands. He then moved on to jungkook to shake his hand too but to everyone's surprise, jungkook pulled him into a hug, not the kind of bear hug Tae is used to but it was more of teacher appropriate hug. Everyone was shocked, though. jungkook had not hugged any other student in the line, but the former didn't mind the judging eyes. He knew what he was doing and still wanted to do it.

"Proud of you, baby" Jungkook whispered in Tae's ear before pulling away, the 5 second hug coming to an end and a strawberry faced Tae walked off the stage with the stupidest grin on his face.

...

The ceremony went smoothly, all the speeches, the collection of their diplomas, the hat throwing, everything. Jungkook got the front-line seat with all the other teachers. When Tae got on stage, Jungkook got so teary-eyed that he almost missed the way his baby sent a cute little smile his way. Needless to say, he clapped the loudest.

After the ceremony, both the families separated to celebrate. Jimin with his family and yoongi, Taehyung with his mom and Jungkook.

"Where to baby?" Jungkook asked as he got in the driver's seat.