Let's talk

"Yes, Daddy."

Jungkook took a deep breath, he had already thought about this. He wasn't going to turn Taehyung down this time.

"Baby I-" He was cut off with the bell ringing. He checked the clock and it was well past 9:30. "Hang on, precious, there's someone at the door." He said to the boy softly, placing the phone down.

As soon as opened the door, he was attacked by a massive hug from his little sister, his mom standing behind.

"JENNIE??! MOM?! What are y'all doing here so late??" Jungkook asked, shocked. They hadn't even told him they were coming.

"Let's talk inside, I'm freezing." His mom said, pushing him slightly aside as she dragged a medium sized suitcase behind her. What is happening??

"I missed you oppa!" Jennie grinned, jungkook was happy to see her despite this confusing situation.

"Missed you too, so much." Jungkook picked the six year old up, she simply nuzzled her face into his neck.

"Awwwh, my two babies." Mrs. Jeon gushed, joining the hug.

"Hold up, mom. Can you please explain. Where's dad?? Look what time it is! What made you think it's safe travelling so far?" Jungkook scolded.

"Ohh come on, I'm you mother, i know how to keep myself and my daughter safe. As for your dad, I hate him. I don't want to see that idiot, so I decided to come here. Don't worry, he probably figured we're here. You don't mind us being here do you?" She asked, explaining briefly. Jungkook should've known.

His parents had a tendency to act childish. This was the second time his mom has done this. Now he knows his dad will be here soon too. Ahhh, lovely.

"Of course I don't mind, but you atleast should've informed me, I would pick you up from the station. You came by the train right?" Getting a nod in return he continued, "Ahhh, you two need to grow up." Jungkook sighed.

"Excuse me? Rude. If anyone needs to grow up that's your dad. Always troubling me, isn't that right Jennie?" Mrs. Jeon asked her partner in crime. The mother and daughter had the best bonding, always teaming against the men in the house.

"Yes yes! Dada bad! He didn't buy Jennie chocolate too, mama did." She told her brother, huffing at the mention of her dad.

"I can't with this weird family." Jungkook sighed, getting a giggle and a laugh from the two.

"Anyway, can I use your phone, mine is dead and i need to call your aunt." His mom said, looking around the room for the phone.

"Yeah sure-WAIT!" Jungkook stopped her, snatching the phone away. He looked at the phone and sure enough the call was still on.

Taehyung, shit.

"How about y'all two freshen up? I have some work, I'll be back." Jungkook said, placing Jennie down and rushing to the kitchen to talk to Tae.

"And we're the weird ones..." Mrs. Jeon sighed, watching her son confusingly.

"Tae? You there?" Jungkook breathed out, once he was in the kitchen.

"What happen? You no talk, Tae waited." Taehyung mumbled, jungkook could almost see the boy pouting.

"I'm so so sorry, bear. Something important came up, I forgot you were still on the line." Jungkook explained,

"Ohh" That's all the little boy said, in his younger mindset he was convinced jungkook didn't find him important enough to be remembered.

"Baby, please don't be sad. I just-" Jungkook tried explaining more but then Taehyung interrupted.