¹⁸, MISSING

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter eighteen; Missing
" Bella's missing. "

Rowan silently drove home, not saying a word to her aunt as she rushed to her room

Rowan silently drove home, not saying a word to her aunt as she rushed to her room. As much as she knew that Jasper was very well ashamed of himself for not being able to resist the urge for Bella's blood, she was swollen with anger and had yet to decide on where she should place it.

Seconds after laying herself on her bed, Rowan felt her phone buzz from her pocket. Taking it out, she saw that the very girl of the hour was calling her. She answered, not saying a word as her friend began to rant about how it was almost entirely the human's fault, and none of it being Edward's.

"Rowan, I need you to talk to me." Bella urged on the other line.

"And say what?" Rowan barked, "That everything will be fine? That I'm not worried about you constantly being in danger like this? It being a small incident?"

"Something like that." She replied, causing the witch to scoff.

"How long until all this gets you killed?" Bella quickly became silent without an answer. "As expected. I am going to hang up now." With a huff, Rowan closed her phone.

*   *   *

"Shh." The girl heard as morning came. She began to toss and turn in her bed due to the unfamiliar noise.

"I think she's waking up!" A voice whispered in excitement.

"Hurry, hurry." another said.

"Okay, okay." Someone spoke.

She turned towards the noise, groaning in tiredness as she slowly opened her eyes. Before her, four girls of which included her aunt were standing. Rowan quickly scooted up, rubbing her face as she came to recognize Lilura, Sacha, and Vanessa.

"Are you ready?" Evelyn smirked, coming forth with a homecooked birthday cake that carried sixteen birthday candles. They quickly lit up in a blink, and was placed onto the birthday girl's lap. "One, two-"

"Happy birthday to you!" The group began to sing, gathering around her. She blushed from all the attention centered on to her, not stopping until the song was finally over.

"Make a wish!" Lilura said as Rowan eyed her cake. It was beautifully decorated with her name written neatly in the center.

Rowan closed her eyes, attempting to come up with an idea. Witches were very considerate of their birthday wishes, fully believing the magic in hoping for something to come on such a special day. Nothing came to mind at first, until seconds later she came up with one.

I wish that this year I find what I truly want, what belongs to me. She thought, knowing that seeing the yearning that Bella had towards Edward effected her decision. Perhaps not in that way, but she wished for something that would make her feel the way Bella did for her vampire boyfriend, whatever it was.