⁰⁵, PROM DRESSES AND CATCALLS

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter five; Prom Dresses And Catcalls
" Pink looks good on brunettes. "

Sun in Forks was rare, so when the dull and rainy town was blessed with even just a small amount, every single person would be caught outside

Sun in Forks was rare, so when the dull and rainy town was blessed with even just a small amount, every single person would be caught outside. Rowan was one of those people, sitting on one of the benches outside of school with Jessica and Bella as they all soaked in the warm rays. But of course the peaceful feeling had to leave as soon as Jessica opened her obnoxious mouth.

"He's not here." She said from the table, undoubtedly talking about Edward who Bella had started to develop a strange obsession over. "Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullens dissapear."

"What, do they just ditch?" Bella asked.

"No, um, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank them out for like, hiking and camping and stuff." Jessica clarified, keeping her eyes closed against the sun. "I tried that on my parents. Not even close."

"Guys, guess who's going to the prom with Eric." Vanessa squealed with a proud grin as her and Angela quickly sat down next to Bella.

Rowan looked over at Angela and smiled. "You did?"

"Yup, I just asked him. I took control."

"I told you that would happen." Bella replied as she brought her in for a hug.

"And I'm not the only one who just got a date." She sang.

"Vanessa?" Rowan scoffed, putting her hair to the side. "Who built up enough courage to ask you?"

"Well, after Sacha rejected Tyler, he decided to ask me." She answered, "Of course I said yes, he was literally the only guy that wasn't too scared to. Plus, I'm perfectly hotter than her in every way, so."

The girls giggled as Angela turned to Bella. "Are you sure you have to go out of town?"

"Oh, yeah, it's a little family thing."

"What is?" Rowan asked curiously.

Just as she started to speak, the bell signaling that lunch was over rang. "Uh, Jacksonville."

"Okay, we should go shopping in Port Angeles before all the good dresses get cleaned out." Jessica told Angela and Vanessa.

"Port Angeles?" Bella questioned, "You mind if I come?"

"Yeah," Angela replied in a duh tone, "I need your opinion. You should come too, Rowan."

"Okay, why not?"

* * *

The five girls were in Port Angeles as Bella and Rowan watched the others try on prom dresses. Rowan obviously wouldn't be able to go, she was a sophomore and no junior or senior would want to ask a lower classman. And as for Bella, she was going to be out of town for the event. So they had no reason to buy one.