File: Wing It

Percy sighed so heavily, Jessica felt it in her own bones, and ran a hand down his face. "Barton, meet Spider-Woman. Or, I guess, Spider-Girl."

Jessica crossed her arms, standing up. "I could have told you that."

"Girl, I honestly don't care about anything that you have to say. Just shut up and let us figure out what to do with you so I can go home."

"You're an asshole."

"You're a kid."

She raised an eyebrow. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"I thought we were stating the obvious."

Clint groaned, pushing Percy back a few steps. "Dude, chill. Let's just take her to SHIELD-"

Percy tensed up, looking at his best friend with hard eyes. "No, fuck no. We'll take her to Xavier's or some shit. There's no way I'm letting Nick get his hands on her info."

"What's Xavier's?" Jessica asked, even though she looked like she expected an unclear answer.

Aww, she was catching on.

"It's a school for children with powers to train them and adjust to civilian life," Clint explained before Percy could try any of his usual bullshit. "Charles Xavier, or sometimes known as Professor X, is in charge of the school. He's pretty nice."

"What if I don't like the school?" The brunette challenged, crossing her arms once more.

Percy and Clint shrugged at the same time. "We'll wing it."

Jessica looked unimpressed by them (which was fair). "I feel like this is fairly common with you two."

The son of Poseidon held up a pointer finger before clicking on his calms. "Coulson, leave me the fuck alone. Barton and I stormed the building and shit like you asked. The kid? What kid? No, I didn't kill it. I'm not bringing it in. Because it's a kid."

The spider woman went to say something about being called an "it" but Clint just shook his head with an expression that said to just go with it. 

"Barton is currently indisposed." Percy paused for a second. "I might have killed him. Wait, no, don't hang up-"

Clint, honest-to-God, cackled when his com beeped to show that Coulson was calling him. "What's up?"

"Why doesn't he want to bring the child in?"

"It's a child, sir."

"... Fair enough. Is there any other reason?"

"He thinks the kid may have other connections. We'll handle it and keep you in the know when you need to be."

"We'll talk later at the tower then and you can tell me more. Stay safe."

Clint turned off his com before turning back to the other two, who seemed to be having a staring contest, except both gazes were filled with contempt. "Good news! We don't have to bring her into SHIELD!"

"The bad news?" Jessica wondered, already dreading the answer.

"You're our responsibility now."

"I'm going to die."

"Yeah, probably."

The three made it out of the HYDRA hideout without any fuss, Clint and Percy grabbing files and the like as they went. Jessica seemed to prefer standing near Clint, staying as far away from Percy as she could manage. To be fair, Percy was keeping his distance as well, like he was some kind of stray cat.