File: Send the Clones

this is a good song

this is dialogue heavy, you're welcome

Xxxxxxxxxxx

There was a moment of silence before another voice filtered through Peter's com.

"Uh, nope, I got one, too." Percy said, sounding completely done with the whole thing already. "And since this is HYDRA and AIM's fucked up baby mess, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that everyone's got one, too."

"You'd be correct!" Deadpool chirped happily even as everyone else confirmed the demigod's statement. "What should we do, Baby Boy?"

Peter looked up from where he was staring at the bomb, staring off into space for a second as he processed the words being said to him. "Wait, what are you asking me for?"

Jessica groaned and the teen could practically hear her eye roll. "You're literally the smartest one here. Figure it out."

"That's not- Wait-" The teen didn't get to finish his sentence as the woman disconnected the line, leaving the rest of the team to offer him awkward reassurances.

Peter sighed, re-examining the bomb. It wasn't like the others could do much anyways, not with them having their own explosives to deal with. Aside from himself, the only one who could probably disable it would be Wade, seeing as he dimensional-hopped constantly and picked up a few tricks during his travels.

"Can everyone describe their bombs to me- Wait- Shit- DD, fuck."

"I know that I'm basically no help here but would it be helpful to know that the only electrical currents are in the clock itself? There's none going from the clock to the actual body of the bomb."

Peter frowned, going over what the man said. "Wait, if that's the case..." He re-examined the explosive once more, taking care of how the wires connected and crossed. "There's no explosive charge here. Guys?"

"It's a hollow box!" Danny reported cheerfully and the others responded with something similar except for one.

"Percy?" Peter's concern rose until he heard Percy's exasperated groan over the line as the man seemed to be demanding something of someone.

"Look, I'm not- Yeah, Petey? What's up?"

"Can you tell me about the bomb?"

There was a distinct pause before Percy spoke again, sounding like he was speaking through gritted teeth. "No. No, I cannot."

Peter's eyebrows rose and, judging from the fact that no one said anything for moment, they were surprised, too. "No? What do you mean, no?"

"Peter. I'm a demigod. If this is actually a bomb, I could probably set it off just by going near it."

"Shit." Everyone chorused over the line. "Want us to send you backup?" Luke suggested, knowing better than to just automatically send some to the son of Poseidon.

"No, I got this. Hey, you-" Percy seemed to grab something (or someone since it seemed like he was talking to them). "I need you to go to that bomb and tell me if it's real or not."

The person seemed to say something.

"I'm almost 85% sure it's not real."

"..."

"Yes, I know that's low considering the circumstances but just work with me here. Would you rather I kill you or a bomb?"