File: Promise

Tony and Bucky didn't return to the common floor until well into the next day. The genius would not leave the ex-assassin's side, preferring to stay near him and Percy. He wanted to stay on his floor forever, to pretend that the outside world did not exist, because he knew it would hurt less if that was the case. Still, Bucky was doing such a good time healing. If they locked themselves away, all the progress the soldier made would be stalled. Tony would not be the one to do that to him.

"You sure you want to be here, doll?" Bucky asked quietly when he saw how tense the billionaire was. "We can just stay upstairs and order some food, have one of the kids bring it up to us."

"No," Tony shook his head, idly playing with the metal fingers on the soldier's prosthetic. "I needed to walk around. Needed to... I just couldn't stay there."

He nodded, turning his left hand over to lace his fingers with the man's, "Understandable." He looked around the room, at how Natasha chose to stay at the far end of the living area, curled under a blanket like it would be enough to hide her. Her face betrayed nothing but her posture told everything.

Steve had not come down to his floor, the soldier too nervous to confront Tony, to apologize. He was going to listen to Percy, to give the billionaire and Bucky time to process and grieve and heal. He didn't want his pushiness to be the reason that they were not able to do so. He knew he was the cause but he would not continue to be the problem.

Peter and Nico had decided to take Loki's children out shopping at the mall, Thor and Loki deciding to tag along. They all bonded very well, choosing to play games with each other rather than shying away. Nico and Hela got along frighteningly well, the two usually seen sitting together on the couch talking in low tones while glancing at people. 

Dead people and their gossiping.

Percy was making grilled cheese sandwiches, piling them high on a some plates for the others when they were done. He glanced at the two men when they came near, a soft smile on his lips as he nodded towards the food, "Grab some. We're going out in a bit."

"Where are we going?" Bucky asked, grabbing a plate for himself and Tony to share. 

"Dunno," The demigod shrugged, turning off the stove. "Figured we could go for a drive. What do you say? You boys up for going no where?"

Tony smiled, relaxing for what seemed like the first time in a while, "That sounds amazing." He didn't feel like eating, his stomach still knotted up when he thought about how long Steve had known about his parents. How many times had they watched movies together, shared meals, told stories, with this secret being kept from him? It made him nauseous just thinking about it.

"Hey," Percy said quietly, standing near him. "Do you want to go on that drive now?"

"Please," The genius nodded, his voice full of relief and thankfulness. He looked over at Bucky to let him know but the soldier was already putting some sandwiches into baggies to take with them. "If you want to stay we can..."

The son of Poseidon shook his head, "I'm going wherever you go. There's no where else I'd rather be." 

Bucky nodded, a small smile on his face, "He's right. We're with you, doll."

Tony ignored the stinging in his eyes, preferring to focus on the two hands gripping his, one belonging to a man with a shredded mind and the other to a demigod with a broken heart. "Thank you..."

--

Hela remembered the first time she stepped foot into her realm- into Helheim. She was around what Midgardians would deem twelve and she was scared. When she thought back to that time, it was the clearest memory she had besides when her father would braid her hair.