File: Gather

The Avengers sat around a table waiting for their last member. They should have been used to this. Tony was always 'fashionably' late to anything but it still made them annoyed.

   Finally, the billionaire sauntered in and sat in his usual seat next to Bruce. "So, why are we here again?" He asked fiddling with his phone.

   Steve resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "Supposively, we're getting a new member."

   Tony lowered the phone and raised an eyebrow. "A new member? As in part of the Avengers?"

   "That is correct, Mr. Stark." Fury said walking in. "In fact," He threw a file onto the table. It was mark in black letters: Halo. "His name is Perseus Jackson or, better known as in S.H.I.E.L.D, Halo. This is all the information we have on him. The rest he'll have to tell you."

   Tony reached for the file and skimmed through it whistling at the information on the St. Louis Arc. "Wait, are you saying you don't have all the information on him?"

   Fury shook his head. "We have all his information up until he is seventeen."

   "And how old is he now?" Bruce questioned, slightly curious.

   "Nineteen."

   "Nineteen!?" Steve exclaimed. "That's young!"

   Fury nodded. "It is but he's a damn good agent. Age doesn't matter when it comes with talent."

   "What does he specialize in?" Clint asked since he rarely got information on the mysterious S.H.I.E.L.D agent.

   "Stealth, information gathering, long range with any weapons, short range with any weapon," Fury paused. "He does prefer his sword.."

   "You're being rather informant." Natasha observed from her seat next to Clint.

   Fury almost, almost gave a smile. "Besides you and Agent Barton, he's one of my best agents."

   The breeze came again and two people walked in.

   Maria Hill was shown in all her S.H.I.E.L.D glory. She had her hair up in a typical bun and her face was calm and emotionless though she seemed a bit uncomfortable around the person next to her.

   When Tony saw the person his breath caught. He could have sworn there was another god in the room. The man had clear smooth tan skin, flowing black hair that covered his breath taking sea green eyes that glowed in the room. He wore a long black cloak that covered his torso and half of his thighs. He had on black form fitting pants and boots. On his thigh seemed to be a gun holster and something that reminded Tony of Hawkeye's folding arrow.

   The man gave the Avengers a small nod though if one looked close enough they would have seen his eyes linger on the Stark for a second longer.

   "This is Halo, my number one tactician." Fury introduced.

   "Pleasure." Halo spoke in a deep smooth tone like royalty.

   "Halo will be joining your team temporarily." Fury turned to his agent. "Be on your best behavior."

   "I always am." It sounded like he smirked but Halo's face remained impassive.

   Tony's eyes shone with interest. "So.. Perseus, huh?" He leaned his elbow on Halo's shoulder.

   Halo turned his head to look at him and nodded slightly.

   Tony frowned lightly. "I don't like it."

   "Tony! Don't he rude!" Steve chided.

   Tony ignored him. "Hm.. I'm just going to call you Percy!"

   Halo's eyes lightened and he stared at the engineer. Slowly, a small smile formed on his face shocking agents who were passing by.

   "Let's introduce you to the team, Percy!" Tony bounced towards the one closest to him: Natasha.

   "This is Natasha Romanoff a.k.a Black Widow our own stealth expert." She gave a nod.

   "Steve Rogers a.k.a Captain America the living legend." A wave.

   "Clint Barton a.k.a Hawkeye our marksman." Halo received a peace sign.

   "Thor the prince of Asgard." Thor gave a short bow.

   "And Doctor Bruce Banner a.k.a the Hulk."

   Suddenly, it was like everything paused. They watched Halo, waiting for his reaction.

   Halo blinked and pointed at himself. "Was I supposed to say something?" He cocked his head and turned towards Hill. "Did I do something wrong?"

   She smiled and shook her head. "No, you didn't."

   "Then why is everyone staring at me?"

   Bruce stepped up. "I have a giant green rage monster in me and you're not afraid?" His eyes turned green.

   Halo tilted his head before smiling. "Hi, Hulk! I'm Percy! I look forward to fighting alongside you!"

   Bruce blinked before looking at the others. "I like him."

   "And, of course," Halo turned towards Tony. "I know the great Iron Man." He leaned towards Hill and whispered (like a kid), "He's my favorite Avenger."

    Tony smirked smugly and Clint pouted.

   Halo glanced at Director Fury. "Is there anything else you need or may I pack my things?"

   "No there isn't."

   "Then if you'll excuse me." He gave a short, almost mocking, bow and started to walk out.

   Tony linked his arm with Halo's. "I'll help!"

   Steve shook his head. "Does Halo always act so..reserved?"

   Hill shook her head. "No. He used to he a cheerful kid. He was a troublemaker; getting in fights, bad grades, the works." She pursed her lips. "However.. when he came back on the radar..he was different. We don't know the reasons and he won't tell us. He doesn't trust us although.." She gave a fond smile. "He's so cute and innocent like a child."

   "I am not a child." Halo said coming in holdong a suitcase almost pouting.

   "Say, Percy." Tony came in holding another bag.

   "Hmm?" He acknowledged.

   "What's your favorite dessert?"

   "My mom's blue cookies." Halo said with a serious face and a thumbs up.

   "Are they good?"

   "They're the food of the gods."

   Thunder boomed almost in agreement.

   Tony took off. "Jarvis, prep my armor. We're heading to Mrs. Jackson's house."

   Halo blinked. "I...suppose we can.."

   Clint followed Tony. "I'll prepare the quinjet. FOR THE COOKIES!"