File: Grenade

This chapter is dedicated to Internet-Persona! I couldn't respond directly on your comment, so here's me saying thank you for your wonderful post! It really made my day when I saw it! I hope you enjoy this!

Remember, I take prompts (dialogue, three words, etc.,) so feel free to message me or comment them here!

Je t'aime!

-- Yuki :D

Xxxxxxxxxxx

The day Percy came back to the Tower wearing pink was also the day that Steve Rogers nearly died- not to say that the two were connected in any way.

But they were.

The day started out pretty normal for Steve. He went on his morning run, doing about ten laps around a park nearby, and made himself a post work out drink. He watched two episodes of Hetalia as he waited until it was closer to the time to start breakfast and then had JARVIS wake people up. He made eggs, bacon, and hash browns for the team, making sure there was enough if people wanted more than their first plate. Everything was normal and everything was fine.

"Nooo," Bruce whined with wide eyes as he watched his tea drip down the counter. "Thor, why?"

"I am sorry, Friend Banner," The god said with a frown. "It was truly an accident."

The scientist picked up his cup, accepting a wet napkin from Natasha so he could clean up the mess, "I don't like when my feelings hurt."

"This is so sad," Steve spoke as he put some more bacon on Loki's plate. "JARVIS, play Despacito."

"Oh, gods," Tony groaned, having just come up from his lab. "Someone send him back."

"Who corrupted you?" Bruce asked with horror, "Who hurt you?"

Steve gave his brightest smile, really playing his innocent apple pie look, "Peter did!"

"PETER!"

--

"I am neutral!" Clint announced as everyone strapped on their armor, preparing  for a game of capture the flag, "You can't hit me!"

*five minutes later*

"No, it doesn't work like that, Jackson! You can't hit me, I'm Switzerland!"

--

Doom Bots were attacking Manhattan once again and even Loki was getting tired of dealing with them. The god of mischief was tempted to throw the Fantastic Four out into space or put them in a dimension full of nothing since that was all they were useful for. Even Deadpool was helping, though Loki suspected the mercenary wanted to feel Thor's biceps more than anything.

Steve was in a nearby building fighting his own hoard, his shield being tossed around, decapitating robots left and right. He was holding his own fairly well. That is until a grenade rolled slowly into his vicinity and Percy Jackson stood there, Riptide slung over his shoulder as he calmly said, "Grenade" while wearing a pastel pink sweater.

Both Steve and the Doom Bot looked down at the grenade before looking at each other. "Shi-" The super soldier took off running as fast as he could, making sure he had a good grip on his shield.

"What was that?" Black Widow asked as an explosion rocked the street.

"Percy's back," Steve answered out of breath, his face covered in soot as he rested against a rock. He only had a few scratches  from the explosion but, since the Doom Bot didn't have his reaction time, it was destroyed completely. 

"Oh. Oh.

"Hey, Cap," Percy jumped down in front of him, a large grin on his face. He twirled Riptide by his hilt, looking around, "I got bored taking a vacation. How're things hanging?"

"You threw a grenade at me."

The demigod rolled his eyes, "Threw, rolled. Agree to disagree?"

"No!" Steve nearly flailed his arms, "I could have died!"

"But you didn't."

"That's not the point here at all!"

"Semantics," The son of Poseidon took out a stick of gum, unwrapping it and tossing it in his mouth. He stepped over some rubble as he adjusted his mask, bending down to pick up the Doom Bot's head. Despite wearing pink, he still managed to look menacing as he stared into the bot's camera with eerie green eyes, "Listen closely, Victor. We're going to make a deal here, alright? You shut down all your robots and maybe, maybe I won't have Hawkeye activate the bomb under your castle."

Steve looked at the demigod with an incredulous expression, "Bomb?"

Percy ignored him, waiting while tilting his head, "Ten seconds, Victor. Nine... Eight..."

Suddenly, one by one, the Doom Bots fell from the sky and the ones walking the streets collapsed like puppets with their strings cut. There were over two hundred of them, all of them equip with different types of weapons that would've made them a pain to deal with all day.

The demigod smirked under his mask and dropped the Doom Bot's head, "Very good." He crushed it under his foot.

The super soldier blinked before looking at Percy, "You weren't really going to have Clint blow up Doom's castle... Were you?"

"No!" Percy shook his head, "Of course not, don't be silly!" He smirked when Steve seemed to relax and held up a small device, "I have the detonator!"

"WHAT?!"

--

Tony took off his armor in his lab and changed into a shirt and worn jeans before making his way to the Avengers' floor. He smiled when he saw his boyfriend getting grilled by the others as to why he was wearing pink and shook his head, turning to the coffee machine.

When Percy saw Tony, he immediately abandoned his friends' questions and went over to the billionaire. "We're going to talk about how you know about Camp Half Blood later," He smiled at the brunette, eyes twinkling. "But, for now..." He kissed Tony gently before resting his forehead against his, "I missed you."

The genius blinked in surprise, "You did?"

The son of Poseidon smiled softly, "I always miss you."

Tony almost seemed to look shy (which was a shock to the Avengers watching) and fiddled with his coffee cup for a moment, "I missed you, too." He cleared his throat, the pink on his cheeks disappearing like it was never there, and smirked, "What is with the pink? Not that it doesn't look good on you but I would've thought you'd go for blue or green today."

"I wanted to," Percy shrugged. "But the Aphrodite Cabin wanted to pick my outfit so I managed to, thankfully, talk them into only picking out my shirt. They wanted me to wear eyeliner."

The billionaire looked thoughtful for a moment at that but shook his head. "Well," He smiled. "That was thoughtful of you. It's movie night, Loki's turn to pick."

Said god looked up, blinking in surprise, "It is?"

"Uh, yeah," Tony said like it was obvious. "We all had our turn so," He waved his hand. "Chop chop."