Chapter 27

ADIRA'S POV

"I don't know anything about Willie, ok? He has avoided talking to me ever since Caleb's party. I don't know why he's acting the way he is" Miliano said to me as I followed him down the empty street. "Can't you talk some sense into him? He's been spying on us and then disappearing without explaining. If you ask me, it's getting on my nerves" I mumbled and quietly huffed. I was tired and there is a lot going on.

"What's up with you? Why so glum chum?" He asked as he sat me to me. "Luke" I said with a sigh. "We kissed and I think it was meant for Julie. But, I don't know... I'm confused" my brain is everywhere, and I can't focus.

"How do you accidentally kiss the wrong person?" Miliano asked me, causing me to laugh slightly. "That's what Alex said. But... if you heard the lyrics, and knew the guys and what they said, you could tell it was about Julie" I said pointedly. He nodded and asked me what the lyrics were.

"Voice of an angel, I've never heard before. Reggie said that about Julie and it was in the song. Two worlds collide when I'm with you. How are we supposed to be from two different worlds?" I repeated what I said to Alex. And Miliano really had the audacity to laugh at me.

"Stop laughing!" I exclaimed as I hit him in his shoulder. "Ok, ok. I can see how the voice of an angel thing would seem like it's for Julie. But have you considered that you and Luke are from two different worlds? Maybe not now, but back when you were alive?" He asked me.

"I don't know, I guess I always thought a part of me was relatable to Luke. Always had issues with our parents, and music was the only thing I had. Besides my friends, of course" I said. He nodded. "Take some time, ok? Figure out your feelings and then tell him. But don't wait too long, you'll miss your chance" maybe coming to him wasn't a bad idea after all.

"What are you doing later?" I changed the subject. "Probably skating the streets of Hollywood. Or trying to figure out why Willie is being the way he is. Why?" He asked. "We're performing at Julie's house, you should stop by" I recommended. "Ok, yea. I'll check it out. I'm ready to see if your good enough" I raised a brow. "Good enough? Honey, I'm amazing. We start at 8. Don't be late" I snapped my fingers and poofed back into the garage.

"What are we talking about?" I asked as I appeared on the couch. "Girls" Reggie responded. I nodded awkwardly. "Ok. Um, that's cool, I guess" the guys are really weird sometimes. I stood up and grabbed my guitar. "Are we practicing or what?" Luke smiled at me and nodded. I gave him a small smile back. Oh boy, I have a problem.

3rd PERSON POV

Flynn just announced the band, Julie came out on the piano, starting the melody.

"Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious
And like a rubber ball
We come bouncing back
We all got a second act, inside of us"

The projector turned on and the band kicked in. Julie got up and danced with them.

"I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own"

Adira play with everybody except Luke. He noticed this and frowned.

"'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) Great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great"