54. A British delicacy

The following morning, I wake up to the gentle touch of Chris, planting soft, light kisses on my shoulder, arms wrapped tight around me. I smile and let out a deep, happy sigh. 

"Morning, beautiful." I get butterflies. I'm not sure I'll  ever get used to this. 

"Mmm, morning." 

"Sleep well?" 

"Was out l-like a light." He chuckles softly. "You?" 

"Me too. That little activity took all the energy out of me." He whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "I heard someone get up pretty early. Just gone six."

"Ah, it'll be Martyn. He starts w-work at seven. Have y-you been awake since?" 

"Pretty much, yeah." 

"What's th-the time now?" 

"Just gone eight." 

"M-Mum will p-probably be up soon then." 

"Does she normally come in and get you up, or is it safe for me to stay?" I let out a small laugh. 

"No, you're g-good. She won't come in." 

"Mmmm, good." He mumbles, nuzzling my neck and hugging me tighter. I smile again, in complete bliss.  

As predicted, my mum gets up soon after. Then after about an hour, Chris and I decide to get up and make use of the time we have here. Sadly, we can't just stay cooped up in bed and shag for the whole time. We throw some clothes on and then head downstairs. My mum is doing her daily clean. 

"Ah, good morning, you two."

"Morning, mum." 

"Morning!" 

"Chris, did you sleep alright?" My mum asks him and he grins, nodding eagerly. 

"Yes, thank you!" 

"The bed okay? You're probably not used to an old, rusty single that squeaks!" He laughs softly, still grinning. 

"Ah, I only noticed a few squeaks. I hope they didn't wake you." Oh my. I glance down to try and hide my unintentional smile. 

"Didn't hear a peep. You're a very quiet guest. Quieter than my daughter anyway." She replies, making him laugh. 

"Whoa, thanks, mum." She laughs softly. 

"Yeah, our Meg struggles to be quiet, doesn't she?" Chris says with a grin, glancing over at me. Oh my god. An involuntary blush creeps it's way over my cheeks and I shove him playfully. 

"Piss off." He laughs again, dropping an arm around my shoulders. 

"Always a charmer." In the corner of my eye, I see my mum watching us, grinning. Ohhhh god. She's gonna figure it out. Fuck. I clear my throat. 

"Anyywaaayy. Um. I'm g-gonna take Chris out. Show him around a l-little bit." I state. "Have th-the dogs been f-for a walk? Shall we t-take them for a walk? Yeah, let's take them f-for a walk." I pull Chris into the kitchen and then grab the leads. The dogs get excited, bouncing around us. 

I take him to the quiet fields, but he still wears one of his baseball caps as a bit of a disguise. 

"It's really beautiful here." Chris utters, looking around at the views. I smile softly, nodding gently. 

"Yeah... it's pretty st-stunning." 

"It reminds me a little of Massachusetts. I bet it's similar in autumn."