25. Apartment hunting

"Hey, Meg, come look at this one!" Chris beams, while getting his hair done for filming a scene. He's been looking at studio apartments for me. I smile, raising my eyebrows.

"You sh-should be learning your lines--" I tell him, but nonetheless glance over his shoulder to look at the apartment he has up on his phone. We haven't spoke about what nearly happened at his place, so I've just brushed it aside. Probably nothing was going to happen.

"I know them. It's nice, right? We can go view it after."

"Yeah, it looks g-good. But you have a mmmeeting later." I remind him, to which he sighs deeply.

"Shit, yeah." I laugh softly, sitting on the sofa. "We'll go tomorrow."

"Alright, b-bossy pants." He grins smugly.

"You need her that much you're getting a place together, huh?" Rachel jokes with a teasing smile, and I uncontrollably blush, as Chris laughs.

"Hey, that's not a bad idea! Kill two birds with one stone." He jokes with a cheeky smile and I laugh.

"In your dreams, p-pal." I joke back, trying to play it out smoothly.

"You'd love it, being with Dodger and me all the time."

"Hm, yeah, actually. Maybe I'll just mmmove in w-with Dodger and kick y-you out." He gasps dramatically, glancing over at me.

"Oi, stop moving!" Rachel tells him and he quickly turns his head back to normal, giving me the side eyes.

"Oop, sorry, Rach." He says and I laugh, shaking my head. Rachel laughs too. He smirks.

"You two are terrible." Rachel says, smiling and shaking her head, fixing up his hair. Once again, he grins smugly.

***

My eyes wander the spacious, elegant studio apartment. The windows go from floor to ceiling and there's two sofas facing each other in the middle of the room, with the spacious, modern kitchen on the right.

"Hey, come look at this bedroom!" Chris calls from the bedroom, and I wander in, laughing as Chris collapses onto the huge bed. The whole room is pretty huge, with windows from floor to ceiling again. "What'd you reckon?"

"It's nice," I start, collapsing onto the bed next to him. He glances over at me with a smile.

"I feel like there's a but coming." He says, to which I smile and look at him.

"It's just... big..." He chuckles and nods.

"Yeah, it is pretty big."

"I don't th-think I need a pl-place this big for just me." He nods again, glancing back up at the ceiling. "Plus, I'd have to b-buy a shit ton of curtains. There ain't any pr-privacy!" I joke and he laughs.

"That's very true, yeah. No one needs this many windows. And where the hell is the TV gonna go in the living room!?"

"Right!? There's just two s-sofas facing each other!"

"Expecting us to actually socialise. Nah, fuck that noise." We both burst out laughing. Chris's right hand goes over his chest and his other hand finds its way onto lower thigh, sending shivers down my spine. I uncontrollably stare at him, mesmerised. I wish we could be like this everyday. He notices me staring and rolls onto his side, staring back into my eyes. They're so beautiful. He's so beautiful. "There's another apartment I found yesterday. It's quite close. We should check it out. It's like an open house." I smile and nod. He exhales deeply and we both shuffle off the bed.

We take a ten minute car ride, and then Chris leads the way to the apartment building and particular apartment. It's about halfway up and there's a sign on the open door, welcoming people in. My jaw drops when we enter, the brick walls immediately catching my eye. There's dark wood flooring, with the kitchen along the right hand side wall, black cupboards with light marble counters. There's an L shaped dark grey sofa, with a TV on the left side wall, a wooden coffee table between the two. The windows are big, but not covering the entire walls, and the ceiling is high, but it still feels homey.

"Waw..." Chris utters, his eyes wandering.

"Waw indeed..." I think this is it. This is the place. He wanders down a small hall, I presume to check out the bathroom and bedroom.

"Meg, get in here!" I follow his voice into the bedroom and I smile. It's small, but there's a slanted ceiling with long windows, and it's decorated so nicely. "Pretty cosy, eh?" He says with raised, playful eyebrows and I let out a laugh, nodding.

"It's stunning..." He wanders to the other room - the bathroom.

"Whoa, this bathroom is insane!" I follow him and my eyes widen. Holy fuck. It's very modern, practically covered in white, with a grey stone shower and cupboards. The shower is huge.

"Holy shit." I breathe out. Chris grins at me.

"You like it, don't you? This is the one?" I smile and nod, starting to get excited.

"It's amazing, Chris. It's perfect."

"Then it's yours." I let out a weak laugh.

"That's if no one else has p-put an offer in."

"Hey, guys, can I help you?" Both Chris and I spin around, seeing a woman dressed in a smart pant suit smiling at us.

"Oh, hello! Yes, actually. My friend here is very interested in the apartment." Chris answers.

"You've come at the perfect time. This place was only listed a couple of days ago. So far you're the only one interested." She states and I can't believe my luck.

"Really?" I ask, excited. She laughs and nods. "Then I'll take it!"

"Great! I'll go grab the paperwork and we can start the process then."

"Yeah, br-brilliant!" Whoa. This is really happening.

 This is really happening