63. You're all mine. And I'm all yours

Meg's POV
Eventually, Chris and Jenny decide to call it a night and part ways. We head outside and they share another tight hug.

"It was really great to see you and catch up." Chris says, as they slowly pull back.

"It was great to see you too, Chris. I had a really nice time." Jenny says with a smile, rubbing his arm. "Don't be a stranger, aye? Take care."

"Yeah, you too! See you soon. Nice to see you again Zoey." He says, giving her a quick hug.

"You too, Chris."

"Nice to meet you too, Meg." Jenny says with a smile, to which I flash a smile in return.

"You too!"

"See you guys."

"Bye." Chris utters, giving them a wave, before we head back to the car. We hop in and I start the engine.

"So, did you have f-fun?" I ask hesitantly and he smiles, nodding.

"Yeah, it was nice seeing her again. It's been a long time. Had a really great catch up. How about you? Were you okay with Zoey? She can sometimes be a bit full-on." He says with a small chuckle. I force a smile and nod. "I didn't think she'd take you to a different table. What did you guys talk about?" I shrug.

"Just the j-job, really." I wonder if he knows I know they dated, or is he trying to hide it? Argh, why am I feeling like this? When we arrive back at the hotel, we walk to his room. He exhales deeply and yanks off his jacket, tossing it on the chair. "Is there anything else you need?" I ask, clearing my throat.

"Just you." He murmurs, putting his hands on my hips and pulling me closer to him. "I'm sorry for tonight." He leans in for a kiss.

"For what, paying mmmore attention to your ex-girlfriend?" I blurt out, turning my head. Shit. Why the fuck did I go and say that? Now I really look like one of those jealous girlfriends. He furrows his eyebrows, pulling back slightly.

"What?" I gulp.

"I th-think I'm just gonna s-sleep in my r-room tonight--"

"No, no. You're not going anywhere until you tell me what's wrong, Meg." He says, taking my hand to stop me from going anywhere.

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"Then what was with the comment?" I gulp, glancing down and folding my arms.

"Well, it's true. It's l-like I wasn't even there." I mumble and he sighs.

"I'm sorry, Meg. I didn't mean to make you feel like that. It was just... old friends catching up."

"But it wasn't just 'old friends'. You w-were more th-than friends, Chris. She's an ex."

"Yeah, exactly, an ex. We broke up. And now we're just friends."

"You got b-back together--"

"And then we broke up again! It was over two years ago. Where is this coming from?" Tears start to brew in my eyes.

"Zoey s-said you had a l-lot of chemistry, that she th-thought you were soul-mates. And you s-seemed so happy to see her." I say with a sniffle and he sighs deeply, rubbing a hand over his face.

"Zoey shouldn't have said that. I don't know why she did. Jenny's engaged, Meg." My eyes snap up in shock, watery and red. Oh. "She's moved on. More importantly, I've moved on. I'm with you. I want to be with you. Or is my word not enough for you? What else do I need to do to make you see that you're the one I want!?" The floodgates open unintentionally.