43. Inch by inch

The following morning, I'm awoken by the gentle touch of Chris's soft lips planting kisses all over my shoulder. I smile a little, groaning softly. Yep. I could definitely get used to this. "Morning," I mumble, a yawn swiftly following. He smiles against my skin.

"Morning. Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." He coos, brushing his fingertips over my hip lightly.

"Mmm, it's okay. There are worse ways to wake up." I assure, turning onto my back. He smiles widely; that goofy, meatball smile. "What time is it?"

"Just gone 6am." Shit. It's early.

"How long have you b-been awake?"

"A few minutes, give or take. Dodger woke me up, so I let him out of the room to roam." He states, letting his hand rest on my stomach. "I didn't want to wake you. I was happy enough admiring you." Oh, man. An involuntary blush creeps its way over my cheeks.

"Alright, Edward Cullen." He laughs and rolls his eyes.

"Tease me all you want. But I like admiring you. You're beautiful." My blush deepens and I suddenly become nervous. I clear my throat, putting my hands over his and removing it from my stomach.

"I'm not beautiful." I mumble, not daring to make eye contact with him.

"Yes you are." I shake my head. Shit, Meg. What the fuck are you doing? This isn't going to end well.

"At best, I'm average--"

"There's nothing average about you, Meg. I think you're beautiful. Stunning. Gorgeous. You're the most beautiful girl in the world." It's like suddenly all my self esteem issues boil to my surface. I'm about to say things I'll no doubt regret. And I wish I could stop myself. But I can't. And I hate myself for it.

"Chris, I've.. I've seen th-the kind of girls you've b-been with. And they're n-nothing like me. They're t-tall, and skinny, and they're beautiful. They're stunning. Like, r-really stunning. Th-They're perfect." There it is. Fuck.

"Do you think I care about any of that stuff? How tall you are or how small your waist is? I don't give a shit. I never have. I like you, Meg, just the way you are. And you're beautiful to me. Every inch of you is beautiful." I sniffle a little, trying my best not to cry. Don't fucking cry you silly idiot. You've not even been together a day and you're already letting your insecurities get the better of you!? He rolls over, placing his hands on the bed either side of my head and looking right at me. "Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. It's not just tiny waists and tanned skin. It's so much more. You're so much more. You're so fahcking beautiful. And I'm gonna keep telling you until it sinks in." He then leans down and lays a gentle kiss on my neck. "And you know what, I'm gonna keep showing you how beautiful I think you are." He plants another gentle kiss, now on my collar bone. "I'm gonna kiss," Another kiss, in the middle of breasts. "Every god damn," Just to the side of my right nipple. "Inch of you," Actual nipple. It makes me moan slightly. "Until it sinks in."

"Chris," I moan, as he moves onto the other boob.

"Every," He breathes deep. "Fahcking," Underboob. "Inch." An involuntary, breathless giggle escapes my lips.

"You're gonna b-be here all day."

"Then so be it." He answers, moving back to my collarbone. "Have I covered this area already?" He asks sarcastically, pretending to think deeply. I giggle again. "Ah well, second time's a charm." He kisses up my collarbone.

"Third time's a charm." I correct unintentionally, moaning as he gets to my neck again. "The saying is third time."

"Really?" Under my right earlobe. "Well, we really will be here all day."