49. Just a stupid article

While Chris films scenes, I stay in the trailer to catch up with some scheduling for his life. It's still strange, how I'm working for him; organising his life. I mean, me, organising someone else's life, someone so important? It's kind of ironic, really. It's when I'm putting things into the diary that I receive a ping off my personal phone. I furrow my eyebrows, getting it out of my pocket. It's a notification for an article. You know, when you get notifications for things you've previously looked into, and your phone remembers? That weird shit. It's an article about Chris. About Chris with one of the actresses on the film we're currently filming.

Chris Evans dating co-star Stephanie Styles?

It turns my stomach. I know it shouldn't. But god, it does. I know I shouldn't click on it, read it, but I can't stop myself.

New leaked photos from Chris Evans's new film suggest he's getting close and personal with beautiful co-star Stephanie Styles. Below they're seen laughing and having a good time on set, could something be sizzling between the pair?

There's a lump in my throat. I don't read on. But I do look at the photos. There's only a couple, of them laughing together, and yeah, they do seem close. But it's how he is. He's friendly. He has a laugh with everyone. He has a lot of girls as friends. Some of his best friends are girls. It doesn't mean anything.

I close my eyes tightly, exhaling deeply. Come on, Meg. Get your shit together. He's with you. This is what the media do. They just take things out of context if it gives a better story. It doesn't mean anything. It doesn't, it doesn't, it doesn't.

She's beautiful - Stephanie Styles. She's not a very well-known actress, but she seems really nice. She's beautiful, talented, probably smart and funny.

I'm suddenly taken back to last night, the 'lots of practice' and remembering he's had a lot of girlfriends. I close my eyes tighter, rubbing my hands over my face furiously.

Fuck. What am I doing? Really, what the fuck am I doing? This is dumb. I'm dumb. He's with me. That's all that matters. Nothing else matters. It doesn't fucking mean anything.

"Hi there, beautiful." I almost jump out of my skin when those familiar arms wrap around my shoulders and his open mouth is on my neck playfully.

"Shit, Evans--" I breathe out, making him chuckle softly. Must be lunch break. "You scared me." I quickly lock my phone.

"Mmm, sorry, that wasn't my intention." He coos, inhaling my scent. "I missed you." I smile a little, blushing deeply.

"It's only b-been a few hours."

"Mmm I know. But I couldn't stop thinking about you." I bite my lip.

"Really?"

"Yup." He chirps, brushing his nose against my cheek and then planting gentle kisses. I smile and glance at him, hoping my face didn't show what I was previously feeling. Unfortunately, it appears not, because Chris furrows his eyebrows. "Hey, are you okay?" Shit.

"Hm? Yeah, I'm f-fine! Great." I lie, flashing a forced smile.

"Meg, c'mon, I know you better than that." He reminds me, pulling away and sitting on the edge of the sofa next to the desk. I sigh deeply, glancing down at my hands in my lap. "Has something happened?"

"It's nothing."

"Clearly it's something if it's made you sad."

"I'm just b-being stupid. It's just a st-stupid article. It's nothing to w-worry about."