Artistic Life [Arc 10.5]

Start from the beginning

Seeing Cui Yan arrive, Jing Yang stepped forward. When the car stopped by the curb, he opened the door and sat down. Before Wu Xiuyuan and Su Mo even came back to their senses, the car had already left.

Wu Xiuyuan stood frozen, watching the car drive away. He still had not reacted to this change. Even though he didn’t see who was driving, someone who could drive that car was absolutely a particularly rich person.

Su Mo walked to Wu Xiuyuan’s side and said: “It seems like after Mu Jin moved out of my place, he got into a relationship with a rich man. That’s also right, with his looks, there must be someone willing to pay a lot of money for him.

Even though Su Mo did not clearly say that Mu Jin was being kept, the implication was very obvious, and Wu Xiuyuan naturally understood.

Wu Xiuyuan clenched his fist, and his expression became very ugly. He wanted to convince himself not to believe what Su Mo said, but he could not help thinking about it.

“Maybe they’re just acquaintances, don’t immediately think in that direction.” Wu Xiuyuan didn’t know whether he was saying this to himself or to Su Mo.

“I’ve been friends with Mu Jin for so long, he told me everything. But he’s never mentioned that he had such a rich friend.” Su Mo said faintly, but in his heart he was very disdainful.

Wu Xiuyuan tried hard to calm himself down and turned around to walk back to the school.

Su Mo immediately grabbed Wu Xiuyuan’s hand. “Teacher!"

Wu Xiuyuan quickly shook his hand away and then looked around to see if there was anyone looking at them. This was the school gate. If other students or teachers saw them pulling hands, the impact would be very bad.

Su Mo  did not care about being shaken off. Too much contact between a teacher and student by the school gate was really not good. He said pleadingly, “Teacher, will you go to my place today? I have something to tell you."

 “If there’s anything you can tell me at school.” Wu Xiuyuan said.

Su Mo moved slightly closer and said softly, “I really miss you, and I haven’t been able to sleep well during this period of time, I really hope that you could hold me. But I really have something important to tell you, it’s not convenient to say these things at school."

Wu Xiuyuan was silent. He had just said to Jing Yang that he would never meet Su Mo in private again, but now, his heart had begun to shake.

“Teacher, do you already hate me so much that you don’t even want to be alone with me?” Su Mo’s tone was sorrowful, and he looked sadly at Wu Xiuyuan as if he was about to cry.

“Okay, let’s go to your place.” Wu Xiuyuan finally couldn’t resist Su Mo and went to his house with him.

~

Cui Yan handed a tablet to Jing Yang. “These are the few relatively good paintings selected after several rounds. Your work <Holy Light> and your classmate’s work <Merciful Grace> are very likely to get the grand prize."

Jing Yang looked through the paintings on the tablet. They were all pretty good works. This was a very authoritative national competition, not at all like those small or privately funded competitions. Cui Yan was able to get this information because his mother who was abroad was one of the judges, and these paintings had been sent to his mother. These days his mother was going to be coming back to participate in the final selection.

“If I told you that besides this <Holy Light>, the idea and inspiration for this painting named <Merciful Grace> also belonged to me, would you believe it?” Jing Yang turned and looked at Cui Yan.