"And I Nearly Died"

A few days later. at Jay's place. 

Jay "why did you lie?"

I asked confused "what are you talking about?"

Jay "why did lie about the reason you got transferred onto the Truck?"

Me "I told you Kelly wanted me to go onto the Truck because he doesn't want to see me happy"

Jay "oh really? it has nothing to do with the fact that he showed up at your door the day before? He paid you a visit and the next day he is kicking you out of the team? "

I sighed "i didn't want you to worry about it, okay?"

Jay "he's still in love with you"

Me "He's dating Stella"

Jay shook his head "doesn't have to mean anything."

I sighed "Jay, this isn't a big of a deal"

Jay nodded "it is. what happened that night?"

I asked confused "what night?"

Jay " the night before you got transferred "

I shrugged "he showed up here, tried to kiss me and i kicked him out"

Jay "did you kiss back?"

Me "A kiss never happened, okay?"

Jay "but did you want him to kiss you?"

I snapped "do you want me to kick out too?"

Jay shot me a look. 

I shook my head "i did not want to kiss him. i am with you, Jay, okay? "

Jay said kinda hurt "well, that didn't stop you the last time, did it?"

I scoffed "you seem to forget that you were falling for Erin while you were still with me, Jay."

Jay clenched his jaw "i have to go to work"

I nodded "then go to work. And if you keep bringing this up then don't bother coming back"

At the Firehouse. 

I walked into Kelly's bunk room, slamming the door shut behind me "get your girlfriend under control"

Kelly turned to me annoyed "why are you telling me that?"

Me "Because she's your girlfriend. but hey, if you want me to talk to her then she will definitely end up with her head impaled on a haligan. "

Kelly "what did she do?"

Me "she got involved in my business, okay?"

Kelly "what did she do?"

Me "more like, what did you do? you told her that you went to my place the night before i got transferred? are you kidding me?"

Kelly "did she talk to you?"

Me "she talked to my boyfriend. And now he and i are fighting"

Kelly "sorry to hear that"

I scoffed, shaking my head "then wipe that stupid smirk off of your face."

Kelly just looked at me. 

I said hurt "It's moments like this when i regret ever falling in love with you"

His face dropped. 

The alarm went off "Engine 51, Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25,"