Gorsch

Next day. morning. At the Firehouse. 

I walked to the firehouse with Brett. 

Brett "Hey, you and Severide weren't at the bar last night. Stella was worried. "

I scoffed, amused "can you blame her? i was in her position once and then 2 days later i got told my boyfriend and my bestie slept with each other. "

Brett "yeah, but i assured her that nothing was going"

I asked surprised  "you did? how could've been so sure"

Brett "because i know that you are not that kind of person to do that."

I nodded. 

Brett "so, what were you doing last night?"

Me "well, i broke up with my boyfriend so-"

Brett's jaw dropped "wait, what? are you kidding me?"

I shook my head "i wish i was."

Brett "why, what happened?"

I shook my head "doesn't really matter. We broke up on good terms though"

Brett nodded "okay."

Then she froze "why is Kelly changing your tire?"

I looked over to my car and saw Kelly changing my tire  "yeah, he cut open my tire yesterday"

Brett's jaw dropped "what? why?"

I shrugged "because he felt like it? i don't know."

Brett "Well, Stella does not look like she likes that at all"

Me "Stella should watch her behavior towards me"

Brett asked amused "why? because of what happened on the last job? you and her jumping on each others throats?"

Me "i wanna make something clear, i am not responsible for her relationship problems with Kelly, okay? she's scared i'll do the same thing to her and Kelly she did with me and him"

Brett "and will you?"

Me " That shit broke me, okay? it did.  i think that no one deserves to go through that kind of pain. Even if i hate her to death, i refuse to step that low to bring her the same pain she brought me, okay?"

Brett nodded "i understand"

I nodded "besides that, they're not gonna last long"

Brett "they lasted a couple months"

I asked her amused "do you really think Kelly loves her? like, for real?"

She didn't say anything. 

Me "He's only with her because didn't want him back, okay?  he doesn't love her, his actions say more than his words. and if you knew the things i knew? you would agree with me"

Brett nodded "okay"

Me "now, if you would excuse me, i gotta make sure that he didn't scratch my car"

Brett nodded, smiling "see you later"

I nodded and walked over to my car "i told you i didn't need your help"

Kelly sighed "i just finished"

I added "something i told you not to do"

Kelly closed my trunk. 

I asked irritated  "how the hell did you even open my car? "

Kelly "i have a spare key for the car, remember?"