Chapter 91 Elf's Keepsake (1).

Depuis le début

Now it was up to the Elf to make its own choice.

Will it just let itself be caught?  Or will it fight?

The Elf made a decision.

Poo-hoop!

Suicide.  This was the decision made by the Corrupted Elf.  The Elf showed the intention of taking the truth to the grave.  It wasn't going to tell anyone about his master's secrets.

The result of its choice became immediately apparent.  The Elf threw up blood, and it fell like a puppet with its string cut.  Its momentum made him roll couple dozen times across the ground, and his body was in rough shape.

Hyrkan bit his lips when he saw the sight.

It was an unpleasant sight.  Moreover, he didn't like what he had to do now.  He took out a pouch from his bosom.  He had carried it around like a treasure.

The Elf glared at Hyrkan when he approached it.  Hyrkan avoided the Elf's gaze.  The Elf was sprawled out like a corpse, and Hyrkan poured the silver liquid on the Elf's head.

When the silver liquid touched the Elf's head, it took shape to fit around the Elf's head.

The Circlet of Purification!

The item started purifying the power of Corruption that had been dominating the Elf's nature and intellect.

There must have been a recoil.  The corpse-like body of the Elf started to shake as if there was an earthquake.

Kool-luhk, kool-luhk!

The Elf suddenly threw up black liquid.  Then it closed its eyes tight, and it let out a moan.

Eventually, the Elf opened its eyes again, and its emerald eyes were revealed.  The power of Corruption that had been controlling the Elf was gone.  This was the surest evidence that proved the Elf had regained its sanity.

The Elf's eyes looked at Hyrkan.  Hyrkan didn't say anything.  He waited for the Elf to speak. 

However, the Elf couldn't speak.  It opened its mouth, but the sound of its voice never made it past its throat.

At that moment, it was as if the Elf had suddenly remembered something.  The Elf squeezed out the last strength it had left to tap its left chest region with its hand.

That was it.  After performing the minor movement with his hand, the Elf closed its eyes, and its body slumped.  Its body immediately started to shrivel up like an old tree.

Hyrkan laughed bitterly as he saw this sight.

‘The game is quite romanticized.  It really is a romanticized game.’

After letting out his bitter laugh, Hyrkan took out a note and map from the Elf's pocket.

2.

‘Shit.’

After ending the conversation with Hyrkan, Pelato looked around his surrounding.  The nearby party members were staring at him.  They were requesting for an answer from Pelato.

Pelato couldn't come up with anything.

‘What's should I say?’

The current situation was a mess.

An arrow had suddenly killed the Cockatrice when the group was about to kill it.  Moreover, when the arrow flew in, Hyrkan had immediately chased after the being, who had shot the arrow.

In this situation, the rest of the party could only look on.

Moreover, wasn't Hyrkan the one who had been commanding the party up until now?