Chapter 67 : Skill 'Armament' (3).

Start from the beginning

Hyrkan let out a bitter laugh.

‘I can understand how a head of the household feels when he has to save money to be able to support his children and wife.’

In the entirety of his life, he had never married anyone.  Moreover, he hadn’t dated either.  He already felt as if he had not one, but several children now. His situation was funny.

‘I don’t have time for this.’

His mirth didn’t last long.

First, Hyrkan had to acquire the Skill.  He once again raised his hand onto the Skill Book.  It requested whether he would like to acquire the Skill. He chose to accept.

[You’ve acquired the Armament Skill.]

After he finished learning the skill, Hyrkan put the thoughts about the Armament Skill to the back of his head.  He once again started to carefully search his surrounding.

‘Let’s clear the Dungeon first.’

The message indicating the Dungeon Clear hadn’t popped up.  He hadn’t received the Bonus EXP that followed a Dungeon Clear. This meant he hadn’t found the element that was required for a Dungeon Clear.  Hyrkan had to work on this problem instead of thinking about the Armament Skill.

‘There should be something here.  There should be something that’ll inform me about the identity of this Dungeon…’

Hyrkan busily searched through the book cases.  Afterwards, he started searching the desk drawers, when it happened.

Dul-kung dulkung! 

One desk drawer wouldn’t open.  There weren’t any noticeable change to Hyrkan’s expression as he kicked the desk’s drawer with his foot.

Kwah-jeek!

Accompanying a rough sound, the desk drawer was demolished.  When he looked inside the destroyed drawer, he found a bundle of documents being stored there.  The owner of this Dungeon used Salamanders as ingredients.  He wrote down the results of his research in making the Elemental Knights. 

The title on the cover was quite grandiose and weighty. 

[Research Log about the Ancient Power]

It looked like a very important title.  However, when Hyrkan caught sight of the title, he let out a single snort.  The word ‘Ancient Power’ was something that was very familiar to him.  It was like the name of the neighbor’s dog. It was so familiar that he was almost sick and tired of it.

‘It’s the Ruined Kingdom’s bait.’

Ancient Power.

This was a topic one comes across the main storyline of the Warlord.  It wasn’t anything complicated.  It was a trope commonly used in most fantasy novels.  Some ancient kingdom possessed a special power.  They used the power in a wrong way, and it destroyed the brilliant and civilized kingdom. 

After a long time passes, the power reappears once again in the world, and it drives the world into chaos!  That was the basic story line.

Additionally, the power used by the current corrupt count, and Baeduk’s prince was also of the Ancient Power.  The Warlord users were given frequent clues, so one could piece together this story.  This was why these elements of the story was hidden in places like the Dungeons as bait.   

‘When I heard the story for the first time, I was like wow, wow!  I was like that.’

Unexpectedly, this subject was a bit of a money maker.  The Top 30 guilds were interested in this main scenario quest, which was viewed through the outlook of a Warlord.    There were at least one program that dealt with main quests like this. Since he found it here, it probably held a similar story!  The fan of this piece would gather, and a minor program would have various conversation about the view of the world inside this work.  Moreover, these types of shows were unexpectedly popular. Hundred thousand to millions of viewers enjoyed watching even this minor view of the world.