Chapter 58 : Bear Warrior (2).

Start from the beginning

To begin with, Skeleton Magician Summon had a longer cooldown time than Skeleton Warrior Summon. Plus, the most he could summon was two.

‘They’re magic power eating ghosts… er, skeletons!’

Most importantly, the amount of magic power needed to summon them and use magic attacks was huge. He had already used much of the consumable items he brought. He had used 20 Bone Explosives worth 50 gold each, and used so much magic power and stamina recovery candies that he lost count. Because of how much candy he ate, he could taste their flavors just by swallowing his saliva. Furthermore, he had used most of the buff items he had. Currently, he only had about 20 percent of them left.

Kuoo!

Hearing the Bear Warrior’s roar, Hyrkan shook his head side by side.

‘It should be entering its third phase soon…’

When participating in a boss raid, the quantity of items one brought was key. If the boss monster had more HP than the quantity of items allowed, the raid was a fail. Otherwise, the raid was a success.

It goes without saying that it was foolish to risk one’s life on a failed raid. It was the same for Hyrkan. A true expert knew when to back down in face of a failure. It was much better than going overboard and losing everything.

Of course…

‘Please.’

Although many understood this in theory, not many could carry it out in action. The same was true for Hyrkan. Although his head understood what needed to be done, in a situation where he had to run, Hyrkan would not do so.

That is, if his plans ever went awry, the only thing left for Hyrkan would be destruction.

At that moment…

Boom!

The Bear Warrior’s loud stomp instantly silenced the loud forest. Although Hyrkan had been anxious, he was slightly relieved as the corner of his mouth curved up slightly. He let out a short breath of air.

“It’s here!”

The third phase had begun.

★★★

There was a question that players known to be good at raids received to the point of exhaustion.

“What’s the secret to having a good, easy raid?”

Most players answered like so. It was important to coordinate with your allies. It was important to know the hunting method in and out. It was important to prepare for anything that could happen. It was important to keep calmness in all situations and have good judgement… etc. Although they were decent answers, the most definite answer was something else.

“Go for a monster lower than your own level. With that, the raid will be easy and you’ll do a good job.”

You had to hunt a monster weaker than yourself.

Warlord’s monsters were designed so that a level 100 player could hunt monsters under level 100. It wasn’t the developers that did this, but the artificial intelligence behind the system management. In any case, it was much easier for a level 100 player to hunt a level 80 monster than a level 100 monster. It was typical of an RPG game.

However, those that were known to be good at raids usually went for monsters 10 to even 30 or 40 levels higher than themselves. A boss monster no less! Most did not consider raids as real raids if this condition was not met.

If put in a good way, it was being risky. If put in a bad way, it was being foolish.

Of course, those that played to make a living had to be risky and foolish. Having fun wasn’t their main concern. No one watched cars going 80 km per hour on a highway for entertainment. Cars had to race at about 300 km per hour or so for people to watch and be entertained. Otherwise, no one would pay the money to see such a thing.