The Solution

Friday 7:12am
I had made up my mind. I decided to swallow my darn pride and accept responsibility for my mistakes.
Not like I made any.

Only Sam and I had breakfast since my mom and dad, mostly my dad was busy with a new invention that will be thier submission to the Science Award Ceremony which is held every ten years.

A scientist gets to run in the competition only once, and my dad was gonna try his chance this year against so many other scientists from around the world to win the 'Best Scientist of the Decade' award

We weren't allowed in dad's lab.

Sam had informed me that she wouldn't probably be at home when I get back from school since she would be going out with her best friend, Riley.
No parents, no snobby but caring sister?
I'm down for it.

••••••••••••••••

Friday 7:49am
I was late to school for the first time in my life and I regretted it. Everyone that made it to school before me kept looking back, raising thier heads and stopped thier conversations just to look at me.
Even when wearing a cap with my P. E. uniform, trying to hide my face, they still knew it was me. I'm sure my butt-length hair stayed in thier memory.
"I heard she's Leo's girlfriend" Angel, a girl in my homeroom who just didn't like me since the day I enrolled here, whispered to her friend.

"That's so low. Who would date a senior? They're all players" Her friend whispered back.
Angel giggled. I turned around to see Jo looking at me. He quickly looked down on his skateboard.
I speedwalked to my homeroom, still filled with people. Their laughing and talking died down slowly when I stepped in.
The guilt that I didn't deserve settled in again.
"I believe she broke the drone." A hushed whisper said.

"You believe anything. I know her a little, I don't think she's capable."

"Yeah.. and hellooo? We're talking about Alex. Darn... that guy was harsh with her."

I dragged my cap down.
Carol came in, also in her P. E. uniform.
I dragged it down even more. I heard her footsteps coming closer. She took her seat and sat right next to my table.
"Are you okay?" Her voice sounded so sorry.

"It didn't hurt." I said.

"It did. It did Holly. I felt it even when I wasn't close to the action" Carol said.

"..........."

"I'm sorry. I'm just..." she sighed. "I feel like part of what happened is my fault" Carol said.

All the time I had my head down. I couldn't maintain eye contact.
"I should have stopped him. Took his hand or something. Or even start a fight with Emma to distract him. I could have done it but I was selfish. I didn't want to be part of your problem at that point."

She didn't notice my eyes looking at her because she kept talking.
"Seeing you stand all alone, fighting a battle against a whole army... it was terrible. I'm still surprised you were able to withstand all those harsh things said to you yesterday. I'm more surprised you were able to come to school today."

I finally raised my head. I sat at the edge of my seat.
"Alex... was right." I managed to blurt out.

I heard bodies shift.

•••••••••••••••••

Friday 8:12am
"You broke his drone?!" Carol said surprised.