The Text

Thursday 2:30pm
I checked my watch and groaned in frustration for the tenth time. I wasn't comfortable sitting on the toilet, not releasing any metabolic waste, but it was better than going to classes after the embarrassment I just faced.
I had been crying in the stall. The worse part, I didn't know why.

I hoped that hiding here in the girls restroom would make me pass time, but time goes slower when you're in a confined space.

The bell rang for the next class. I either had Biology or Physics today. I wasn't sure.
I stood up and rested my back on the wall, looking up to the ceiling. I closed my eyes trying to calm my mind.
I hate Alex.
I hate Emma.
I hate Jessica and Zoe, even if they weren't there.
I hate every single person in this school.

I breathed in and out steadily, trying to calm down. To remain calm is most times better in situations like this, even the bible says so. But, all I could think of....was revenge.
All I kept thinking about was making Alex regret ever making such false accusation against me. Making Emma and everyone else regret supporting him.
I had set my mind to crush them.

I sighed. My throat was parched-I hadn't drank water in a long time.
My wrist hurt.

•••••••••••••••

Thursday 3:09pm
I was glad that I wore a sweater with a hoodie because I could cover my face while I sped quickly to Sam's car to get out of school. Nobody noticed me.
I saw Nicki and Daniel. They were looking around.
Were they looking for me?
No. They don't know what happened. Yet.

I quickly hopped into the driver's seat and sped off school grounds quickly to exit while honking at anyone standing or walking too slowly across the road.

When I came out of the elevators, stepping into my living room, I went straight for the other elevator close to the kitchen to go to my room.
I didn't notice Sam till she noticed me.
"Oh there you are! I've finally fixed the capsule-"

I went in the elevator before she could finish.

•••••••••••••••

Thursday 3:28pm
I didn't bother to take my shoes off, take a shower or even change to more comfortable clothes. I just collapsed on my bed and relaxed my body.
My headache calmed down a bit as I closed my eyes, appreciating the tranquility in my room.
Thank God for peace.

My room door opened, puffing out the smoke of sweet scent.
"Holly?" Sam called as she entered my room.
The door closed behind her. I turned my head to my door and slightly opened my eyes.
There she was, her curly hair let loose, a black tank top and joggers. She still held the capsule in her hand.
"I'm I talking to a corpse?" She called again.

I think she felt disrespected.
"I'm fine. Sorry for ignoring you earlier" I murmured as I grabbed a pillow and hugged it tight to my chest feeling even more comfortable.

Sam took a long look at me. "Well somebody who ignores thier big sister, sleeps on the bed with thier shoes and dirty school clothes on, doesn't look fine to me."

"Sam I'm good. Don't worry about me."

"I wasn't worrying about you" Sam said in her usual mean attitude.

"Then please leave." I said politely as I turned to the other side, still clutching to the pillow.
I heard her sigh. She dropped something on my work table, and walked to the bed, where I was facing.
"Holly. Your eyes are red and you have pink swollen eye bags. What happened at school?"