The Save

I was shocked, confused and mostly scared.
Who pushed me over?!
And Why?!!

I thank God that the water was quite deep, so I didn't land on a rock or the water's bottom.
I stood on my feet, the water that reached up to my waist and looked around.
Left and right were just trees and shrubs. Behind me was the water bank.
But I didn't head over to the water bank because I needed to search for my phone.

I walked around in the water looking down for a black screen, despite the moon being my only source of light.
Something suddenly caught my eye.

My phone!
And it's screen was lit up. I walked up to it, even if the water was restricting my legs, and picked it up. Thankfully, my phone was water resistant. Sam was calling and I immediately answered it.

"Sam! Thank God you answered!" I said into the phone.

"Where the hell are you Holly? I came to the party to look for you but you're nowhere to be found. Are you back at home?"

"No I'm not!" I shrieked as I made it to the grassy river bank. "Sam I know this will sound crazy but someone pushed me over Grayson's backyard's water fall! I'm in the water as I'm speaking to you right now!"

There was silence.

"Sam? You still there?"

" What the-? What the hell are you saying? And who the heck is Grayson??"

"He's the host of the party! Just come to the backyard, you'll see a wooden fence, there's a doggy door, okay?!"

" Hooolllyyy! " Sam whined frustratingly.
" This is just.. UGGHH"

She was about to say more, but then started talking to another person.
" Sam? Who are you talking to? "

"Two girls that claim to be your friends. They're leading me to the waterfall now. Pft! All crazy lies." Sam muttered that last part.

"Alright I'll be looking out for you." I said and ended the call.

I stood at the bank, looking up to the fence.
Minutes passed and I waited.
The doggy door of the fence finally opened and Carol showed herself first, along with Sam and Nicki.
They looked around, Sam surprised by the view. I quickly raised and waved my arms in the air like I was a crazy woman.
"Guys! I'm here!"

They saw me and Nicki waved back.
Sam took out her phone from her pocket and even if we were looking at each other, feet away, she called me.
"You're in big trouble Holly." She said.

Wow, so much for a 'Are you okay little sis?'
Too much to ask?

"How do I get out of here?" I said to her on the phone.

I saw Nicki take it from Sam's hand.
"You have to walk down the river bank, straight ahead. You'll reach a white picket fence, open it and you'll appear on the road." Nicki said to me.

I was already on my way. "Okay I see the fence. Where should I go after that?"

"Grayson's house from there is 4 blocks away. So walk down to your left till you see Grayson's house. We'll meet you at his gate."