The Work From Home

So I made new friends and I at least was able to forget and forgive what happened earlier at school with 'Jessica'
After that incident I didn't hear from her again after school ended. As for classes, it went very smooth and my teachers were really impressed with my intelligence.

I was flattered. When I came home, I met my mom in the living room who was happy to see me back from school. She threw her magazine away, rushed to me and hugged like I went missing from a kidnapping.
Not this time at least.
"How are you mom?" I asked dropping my bag on the sofa.

"I think I should be the one asking you that question." She said, "So how was school? I'm so glad you didn't come back home with a seat stuck to your butt"

"Wait what?" I was trying to process what she just said.

"Forget about it. Go clean up and call your sister for me so we can start making dinner"

I nodded. I walked past the kitchen then to the elevator, pressing a few buttons before it opened.
Our house was a huge duplex with 4 floors. The 1st floor was where visitors from the company came Incase to hold business meetings in our residence, 2nd and 3rd floor was for living purposes and the 4th floor was my dad's personal lab.
Nobody was allowed in there.

Second floor, I reached and walked towards Sam's room. I typed in her room passcode on the room code lockpad installed into the door.
It opened. I passed her little parlor, going through the door that lead to her main room.
I whelped when I stepped on something sharp-it was a nail, thank God it wasn't turned upright.
I looked around and saw that he room was scientifically messy.
Blue prints, robot parts, papers, pens and all other working tools were scattered all over the place. Her AC was on, and the place was super cold!

Sam had slept off on her worktable. When I got closer, I could see drool on her work sheet beneath her and her half-drank smoothie beside her.

"Eww" I whispered.

I wanted to wake her up, but insisted on removing the smoothie first. Only that when I touched it, the plastic can was all oily and greasy!
It slipped out of my hands like wet bar soap and spilled all over Sam's work.
I panicked like a chicken who was about be beheaded.
She was going to kill me!!

Worst part was, the flavor was strawberry, which was PINK! Couldn't it be white or better, transparent or something!?

Soon, the cold spilled smoothie drink had touched Sam's arm and when it touched her, she opened her eyes. She saw me first and then her work sheet. She rubbed her eyes, murmuring,
"Hmm...Holly what do want....."

For some reason, I didn't know why I was still standing there. I would have ran away like 6 minutes ago and save myself from utter destruction.

She kept staring at her work sheet until her message reached her brain. Her eyes widened. She gasped and stood up immediately from her worktable.
Her gaze shifted to me.
"Sam...I can explain.."

"Holly what did you do??!!" She panicked.
"HOW COULD YOU?! I SPENT MY WHOLE MONTH ON THIS..AND YOU RUINED IT!!" She screamed at my face with so much anger.

"I DIDN'T MEAN TOO! I SWEAR!" I said defending.

"JUST SHUT UP HOLLY! SERIOUSLY! HOW DID YOU EVEN GET INTO MY ROOM!? JUST GET OUT!" She pointed out to her door.

But I decided to drop my message first,
"MOM SAID THAT YOU SHOULD COME HELP HER WITH DINNER!"

"GET OUT!!"

"OK!!"

And just like the flash, I zoomed out of her room. You wont believe the speed I used to rush downstairs because if you did, I'm sure Batman, Superman and Wonder woman will have me in the Justice league.

When I went downstairs by the elevator,
my mom was at the kitchen counter with an angry look.
"Mom I know what you're thinking but I promise you, it wasn't intentional!"

My mom blinked, sighed and rubbed her temples. "Pull off your sweater, grab an apron and come help with dinner"

"Bu-but I thought Sam was gonna do it?" I stammered.

"Well since you made her angry, you'll be the one taking her place"

"Moooommm" I whined.

"No whining! Cmon chop this veggies for me" my mom said before she dropped carrots and peas, with a chopping board on the kitchen counter.

"I'll work on the desserts" My mom said.

"Why can't I work on the desserts?" I said. "I love working on the desserts because-"

"Because you'll end up licking the cream filling- AGAIN" My mom said.

I sighed giving up. So much to help ypur older sister by removing her oily greasy smoothie from her paper work.
Yipee! WORK!

My dad came back from his lab and was discussing with Sam. When Sam told dad what happened about her work sheet that I had ruined, he was pretty pissed off since he trusted her with whatever project she was doing.
I didn't say a word.

After dinner, I told my mom everything about my first day and when I told her about the smoothie accident she sighed and said that she will talk to Sam.
And about my school, she thought it was funny but she later told me that nothing was really gonna happen with Jessica's threat.
Well I believed her.

My mom and dad went to bed. I don't know for Sam though.
I think she might be creating a death ray to destroy me or send me to another dimension outer space.
That girl is crazy.

I didn't go to bed just early.
Two reasons: Number one, Sam and
Number two, I wanted to watch a whole lot of highschool movies that night even if it meant giving up my sleep.
I grabbed a bowl of popcorn and soda and sat in my living room, facing the huge screen.

Words: 1040
Nice and short. Giving Sam a less monstrous attitude was a good decision. Thanks for reading. Please vote and please comment!!