The Death

Saturday 9:00am
The cotton ball stung his skin when it touched him. But he beared it all. With his head tilted back to stop the nose bleed, he proudly folded his arms, as if the treatment didn't hurt. Jay dropped the cotton ball, which was soaked with a little blood, on the silver tray.
At least it wasn't as blood soaked as the last ones. He picked up a plaster.
"I don't need that." Alex said.

Jay sighed. He had had enough with him.
"Look dude, I'm not your mom, neither your brother! I'm only doing this so you won't bleed to death, not because we're friends." Jay said. He was getting annoyed.

"So quit being stubborn and stop feeding your freaking ego.... you proud monkey"
Jay murmured the last part.
Alex stayed still and let Jay tend to his wounds. Because he knew that one more word from him, and the treatment will be over.

When done, Jay went to trash the residue while Alex packed his hair in his usual bun once more. Later, he switched the channels of the TV. He caught Jay staring at him arms  on his hips. He didn't look happy.
"What?"

"Oh, so not a single 'thank you'?"

Alex grumbled, looking away. He turned his back.
Jay waited.
"You're work wasn't that bad."

"Wasn't that bad?" Jay repeated in surprise. "Is that even a compliment-"
Alex stood up and walked away. He felt that he gave Jay too. much credit, he'll be embarrassed of letting someone else take care of him.
Jay stood there, dumbfounded.

•••••••••••••••••••

Saturday 9:45am.
Alex after taking a bath, decided to train in the training room. Jay joined him.
"She's dead you know. At least that's what I heard my parents saying." Jay said as he did a push up with one hand, the other at his back.

"I'm sure it's suicide. No one is out for her, as for as I know. She was weak. I knew she would die someday." Alex said as he bandaged his hands ready to punch a punching bag.

" That's a hurtful thing to say about your mom Alex. She loved you-"

"She loved herself more." Alex cut him off.  "The last time I checked,  mothers are supposed to put thier children first, even before them."

There was a long silence. Sound of punching, breathing and cracking knuckles filled the room.
"My mom and dad are going to the funeral. It's on Sunday, tomorrow. Are you going too?"

"No. If I was, I wouldn't had had a fight with Harry, that ugly looking orange head yesterday. Neither would I have been in school to set Holly straight. I would be in the hotel preparing." Alex replied.
"But my father is. It's strange that he still cares." Alex said.
He punched hard, giving the message that he wanted to discuss the subject no more.

•••••••••••••••••••••

Saturday 12:00pm

"I'm sure those two came back because the tension and rumors have calmed down." Jay said as he opened a can of soda.

They soon started to discuss about Harry and his older brother Ricky, the one that beat Alex like he was a dog.

It had been 5 years since the sons of Nick Warldorf left the country to avoid the savage and dangerous rumors, talks, police investigations, interrogations and stalking that had erupted like a wild volcano when all hell broke loose in the past.
Now they're back to cause havoc.
"I will admit. They have grown stronger over the years. At least Ricky has. Harry just upgraded his cussing game. He's as stupid as he was back when we're kids." Alex said opening a pack of chips.
He threw one in his mouth and chewed.

"Harry's monster. A senseless one. I'm sure he's grown worse than Leo." Jay said.

Alex rolled his eyes.
"But you have to admit, that if you had come in with me yesterday, that that fight wouldn't have happened." Jay said.

"Whatever. He would have lost to me, like he always had. Ricky was there with him. That changed my game." Alex said.

"I feel like you actually deserved that." Jay blurted out.

"What? " Alex asked confused.

"I remember very clearly when I asked you yesterday if we could go to the Pizza Dome and you bluntly turned me down. And then you had no conscience going there, to get yourself a pizza."

"So? What's your point?" Alex asked annoyed.

"You're a terrible friend Alex. That's my point" Jay said with a frown.

Alex chuckled evilly. "It's now you know?"

Jay watched Alex walk off to the parlour dropping his bottled water on the center  table and munching on chips, switching between channels on the TV-again with a bold smirk on his face.
"No, it's not..."

•••••••••••••••••••

Saturday 1:10pm
Holly Sparks POV
Someone died.

OK that's one dramatic way to start.

It was a shock at first when my dad switched on to the news. He was looking for updates on the Science Competition.
A man, in his early forties had been shot in the head during a huge party going on in the road.
At first I thought it was an innocent murder, but my dad said that the man's death was the work of some mafia or street gang and such. He removed it later, not caring about anything but the Science Competition.

He had no time for death reports on the news.
I let the whole thing slide off my back because I had things to think about- happy things and that is: I fixed Alex's drone.

Yes I know you're tired of the subject but I just satisfied talking about it.

It was when I came back from school, that I had connected, glued, screwed and repainted all places that needed it.
When I was done, my eyes couldn't close, like they were permanently glued open but the sacrifice of my sleep that night was worth it as I looked upon my gracious work of science and intelligence.

I had shed a tear for my effort that day.
Sam just shrugged and said I 'did a good job' when I showed her.
I'm sure she was jealous her little sister could do what she couldn't do, or didn't have the time and strength to do.

My dad had gone to the science lab later in the afternoon. My mom decided to place a spa appointment for herself.
She offered for me to follow her, but I declined only asking for her to bring back my favorite shampoo.
Mine had finished because of how long and full my hair was.

Zack and Riley, Sam's best friends came dropped in, now testing the drone outside at the front. Sam in the middle with the remote control, Zach at her right, Riley at her left.

I couldn't wait to show it to Jay and rub it in Emma and Jessica's face! That's if Alex would let me.
I still don't know the relationship status I have with that guy-If he has forgiven me FULLY or PARTIALLY.
For now, I'm just gonna stay on my lane.

Words: 1232
The drone drama will soon be over. I'm sure if you've read this book before, Holly had a crush on Leo. Don't worry just be patient. Thanks for reading. Please vote and tell me what you think in the comments!