Twenty One

DEMI
(POV)

We're here at Suvarnabhumi Airport to dropped my mom off for her flight back to the Philippines. Her quick visit has came to an end. I'm relieved but sad at the same time. Even if she overbearing, i'll still miss her the most.

"Honey, take care of yourself here" my mom said softly as she holds both of my hands

I nodded at her with my sad eyes. "Yes ma"

"And please as you promise. Visit us this Christmas you can bring Bright if you want too."

I chuckled to her silliness.

"Can't promise to bring Bright with me Ma, you know that."

She laughed "Nevermind. I'll convince him to visit so he can meet your brothers and your dad... honey Your dad misses you the most". As she tap my hand.

"You know he didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Demi. After all... he's still your father"

I force a smile at her but I can't control my sad eyes.

She force a smile with her voice too chirpy and said
"Caio! Honey" she kiss my cheeks then drag her carry on as she proceeds to the boarding area.

The condo feels empty again as my mom gone home. Thinking about her loudly high pitched voice in the morning and rattan fan she brings everywhere. I smiled wistfully.

Look at the bright side though, no more matchmaking dates and her intrusions to everything.

I took a deep breathe.
As i remember my mantra

This is the life i chose. I can do it!

I tied my hair up and went to my room to prepare for my next project and my gift to Kai new venture.

BRIGHT
    (POV)

Flashback
(3 years ago)

I went to Koh Lanta for a quick getaway. To Unwind for few hours to ease my mind from the stress and the struggle i face everyday to be recognized as an actor. Working at the young age up until now is tough for a person like me.

I'm the type of person who is honest, aloof and private. As the time passes people from the industry can't seem stand that. Often times the misunderstanding and drama occurs. When that happens I packed my bag, take my camera with me and drive faraway.

The elder actor from previous drama who becomes my mentor introduced me to photography. He said to channel my stress and frustration to creativity. Thanks to him i found my outlet. It fascinates me truthfully. Playing with light and shadow, Capturing place that intriguing, turn moments into film and the beauty of mundane life to offer.

If I didn't found photography i might be partying and drinking like my age group is doing.

Sitting on rock as i smell the sea breeze while taking photos around me. Wearing my bucket hat and lightest jacket i can find.

From a distance, saw a little girl who looks like she's out of the place. Sitting on a blanket wearing a huge white cardigan, plain black shirt and denim pants on a hot afternoon when everyone around her is wearing as little as possible. I zoom in my camera see her face.

oh she's a lady? She looks like a little lost child from a far.

I cracked a smile from my foolish assumption.
She's pretty though.