Thirty Six

•DEMI•
(POV)

The golden light cast shadow through the window behind me as i readjusted myself from the couch. The noise from the television accompanied me on a friday afternoon.

After celebrating at Charlie's home i had to take a rest from drinking last night. I know for the fact that getting drunk always gives me headache the next day and yet i let my pathetic brain be bamboozle by alcohol and my friends craziness. I hope my liver won't hate me for good.

Bright insist to take me home even though i told him a couple times not to but i do admit i miss spending time with him. He's kinda odd that night. He always looked spaced out. And good thing my vulture friends didn't bully him too.

I readjust the blanket to cover my legs as i watch my current kdrama i've been watching lately called my roommate is a human.

I was trying to preoccupied my mind to a binge worthy series before going to Auntie Yna's birthday later tonight.

I sip my cup of warm tea as i slouch further on the couch.

I heard a noise coming from the front door as someone is opening it with a key. That would be Kai or..

the corners of my mouth turned up and my eyes pleased.

Vachirawit? he forgot something again?

He was suppose to be my plus one later tonight but he had to cancel for an important appointment he won't tell me about. He seem so busy this pass few days too.

I quickly tucked my falling hair behind my ear and try to sit gracefully then fixing the crease from my blanket as the foots step getting near. Lean my right arm on the armchair looking at the entryway half smiling.

To my dismay Kai arrived carrying 2 paper bags and covered hanger on her left forearm. Wearing her signature black uniform from her restaurant.

"K-kai"

"You look weird. What happened to you?" Kai asked with one eyebrow raised.

"Nothing"
I scratch my nose to cover my embarrassment.

I remove the blanket from my body and went to where she is heading. To the kitchen counter.

"Your early" i verify as she put the paper bag on the counter. "I-I thought you'll be staying at your man's house?"

With sly smile she lean on the counter facing me as she change the topic. "Nah. Change of plan"

But her mischievous eyes can't contain her nosy self as she was slowly removing things from the paper bag.

"You know what I'm hurt.—

"Huh?"

"—In the past you always spend your time with me and yet now your eyes can't deny the fact you're expecting or want to spend it with a charming celebrity dude." Kai said with her fake whining.

As she looked at me slyly and added
" and now he has the keys to the condo. I didn't know you really are in conjugal property basis now."

"Here you go again." Rolling my eyes at her.

My face turned bright crimson as i slap her forearm embarrassed as she laugh.