Eighteen

DEMI
  (POV)

I tipped toe as I walk to the hallway towards my room. Carefully, as I'm near to my room all the lights turned on. I froze and startled.

"Where were you? It's 3 in the morning." Stern high pitched voice from my mom send chills to my spine.

"Y-you're still awake, Ma?"

She walk in front of me with both arm folded while i was standing still; scared for her outburst.

"Yes! I was waiting for you. You left me in the hotel. All alone. I didn't raise you to be like that Demi Marie"

I was so ecstatic about what happened at Bright's place and it slipped my mind what my mom did and how intrusive she is.

"But i asked auntie Maria to picked you up."

"Still it's an awful thing to do"

"Ma, I'm sorry you felt that I disrespected you. I had enough of your matching-making ideas." I said tiredly

"Demi–

"–Please ma. I know you're tired and it's late. Can we talk about this later?"

I gently pat her shoulder, calming her down and with reassuring voice "I promise I won't argue with you. Please?"

"Fine. Let's discuss this in the morning." As she sighed and went to my room.

I yawned. with a little smug on my face.
I followed her.

"You looked tried? Did some actions last night?" Kai asked as she lean on the countertop next to me in the kitchen.

I burned my tongue with my coffee in her sudden question.

"Kaaaai! Don't surprise me like that" l fan my tongue with my hand and blushed.

As i remember what happened last night. We watched Forest Gump but he interrupts me with his silly questions about the film. I didn't know he can be a kid sometimes.

It's 7 am in the morning. I'm lucky Ma is still sleeping heavily in my bed. I can drink my coffee at peace.

She laugh as she poured herself a cup of coffee.
"As the day passes you're always in the zone. Spacing out here and there. But there's a slight difference today."

"What kind of difference?"

"You seem annoyingly happy" she said judging me with her eyes.

I divert my eyes and drink my coffee again.

"Don't hide it, Dee. I'm intuitive when it comes to this" She nudges me in my arm.

"I'm not hiding anything"

She chuckled "I know you stayed up later last night. Moi said you're not in her bar so..."

"Okay okay!
I'm with Bright. And we didn't do a thing if that's what you're thinking.
You Dirty Minded Woman!"

"Is that so?" She tease smiling widely

"I don't think lustful things like you."

"What wrong with that? All people have lustful thoughts. But you my dear friend,
You need to it the most! For your almost dried up flower"