𝒙𝒙𝒊. "real is rare"

Comenzar desde el principio

Most of the time, teenagers my age or even younger tend to stay with the ones who treat them the worst. Most likely, they miss the good moments and hope one day they will come back. Which definitely doesn't happen all the time. Truly, you don't miss them, you miss the feeling you had when you were around them.

"Oh okay, well, you're not flirting with Ryan or anything? Right?" Millie asked me. Once again, I raised my eyebrow at her. "What do you consider flirting?"

A sarcastic scoff left Millie's mouth once again. I laughed in return.

"Don't tell me you're leading that beautiful girl on-"

"What do you considering flirting, Millie?" I cut her off and asked her again.

She replied, "Hm, dancing with them at a party, very close together, looking like they're about to kiss," I rolled my eyes. "Um, telling them you miss them about every 5 seconds- You know what flirting is, I don't even know why I'm telling you this!"

Her British accent came out hard as she continued to scold me. My face became red.

"Does Ryan ever get sad, or whatever, when you tell her about Claire?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, which signaled her I was thinking. "I mean, she gets quiet? I guess."

Millie's mouth dropped and I could tell she was ready to scold me with sarcastic comments. She shook her head at me.

"You are an idiot, Louis!" My friend boasted. "I know you like her! If you didn't you wouldn't have talked to her for this long! And I know she likes you, because she gets nervous around you and she's almost never nervous around me or her friends! I bet she loves helping you, cause that's how she is, but you talking about Claire is probably hurting her, Louis!"

I didn't even know what to say to Millie, who obviously seemed annoyed at me. I didn't mind though, cause if your closest friends don't tell you what you're doing wrong, are they really good friends?

"Don't even tell me you don't like her, cause your little outgoing butt doesn't ever get that nervous when you're around someone!"

"I like Clair-"

"Shut up, Louis Partridge! Claire treats you like rubbage and you know it!"

Millie was right, even though I was getting quite scared. She talked to me like she was my mother.

Ryan was the first girl, other than Millie, to actually care how I was feeling mentally about Claire or any other girl.

I felt as if I could tell her anything and she wouldn't bother, no matter what the situation was. And those types of people were rare.

Like Ryan said before, "real is rare."

That night at the Halloween party, it was different. And that night at her house where I met her brother and played with Evie, that was different.

I could really be myself around her, and not put up a front. Which was something I had to do with Claire and other girls as well.

She might not ever go through what I did, or maybe she has, but she looked me in my eyes like she knew every single detail of my annoyance/pain. It's something I truly admired about her.

I scolded myself mentally, thinking about the times she was obviously upset but my ignorant self ignored it and continued to talk about the dense blonde I thought I liked, even loved, for so long.

If I was in her situation, I would've hated it. She might not even like me, but I wouldn't be surprised if she felt annoyed from me ranting about it so much.

Millie grinned at me, "You like her, don't you?"

"Sh, you're not helping!" A loud chuckle left her mouth. "But, yes! Well, maybe!"

Clapping her hands, she smiled brightly. I could feel her excitement through the screen.

I wasn't going to tell Ryan sorry though. Well, at least, not yet. I do not want her to know I like her, if I do, just yet. I had to make it special, considering I put her through hell the past couple of weeks.

If she doesn't like me, that would be awkward. But, I would rather get it over with than let myself have that nudge.

I had to make it up to her, but first I had to figure out how.

𝑮𝑹𝑨𝑪𝑬 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺!
I ACTUALLY LOVE THSI
CHAPTER BYE- also, THANK U
FOR 5K ON THIS BOOK! IT'S ALREADY
ALMOST AT 6K AND ITS CRAZYY. TYTY

we found out biden won YESTERDAY AND I
TRULY HAVENT BEEN THIS HAPPY! we not
only have the first woman vice- president, we have
the first black woman vice-president which i truly
admire. she's paving the way for women and black women into the presidency!! even though they still weren't the best for our country, they're still better than trump/pence and we deserve to celebrate!!

i didnt look through this chapter so IF U SEE SUM
THATS NOT RIGHT PLS COMMENTTT. and if
you have any ideas for this book, comment them as well! i will credit you/whatever 🤍

i love you guysss!! please stay safe!! tY FOR
EVERYTHING 🤍🤍