Altean x Galra AU

Start from the beginning

"Is there something wrong Prince Lance?" Lance snapped out of his trance and looked to see Keith looking at him with worry. "Huh? Oh! Yes I'm fine. I was just thinking." He said quickly. They soon made it to Lance's room, "Are you just going to stand there?" The prince asked the Galra. "No. I have a room here at the castle, but it's down the hall. I'm making sure you don't do anything stupid." Keith said straight forward.

Lance looked at him, "He acts so serious. But maybe..." Lance had an idea. "Enter my room." He said. This surprise Keith, "What?" He said a little dumbfounded. "Well I just meant you a couple dobashes ago. And I think that since we're going to spend a lot of time together we might as well get to know each other." Lance explained. He then entered his room and wait for Keith.

At first Keith was hesitant, but he obeyed the prince and entered the room. Lance sat on the bed and patted the spot next to him. Keith understood and sat next to him. For a while it was just the two, sitting together in an awkward silence. "So how long have you been with the Blades?" Lance ask breaking the silence. Keith look at him then face away, "Why is he asking me about myself? Aren't bodyguards suppose to guard not have conversations?" The Galra thought.

Lance studies Keith's face seeing that he was deep in thought, "You don't have to tell me." He stated. Keith look back at him, "No!" He said, this surprise Lance. The Blade regain his composure, "Sorry it's just no one had ever really ask about me." He said. "I've actually been with the Blades all my life. My mom is a member as well, but my dad lived on Daibazaal. And my mom trained me to defend myself." Keith unsheathed his knife, "This belong to her and only Galran blood can activate it. She gave it to me so that I would have a part of her when she goes on missions, since we have shared blood I can activate it." Keith stopped and looked away for a moment.

Lance observed the knife. Coran told him that Luxite is one of the strongest minerals in the entire universe, it can cut through anything. He was amazed, "But a knife really?" He teased. "Remember the shared Galra blood? Only then can it activate and become a sword." Keith said. Lance lit up, "Really?! That's amazing. Can I see?" The prince asked excitedly. Keith smiled and chuckle, "Maybe some other time."

Lance felt warm and blushed a little, "He has a nice laugh." He thought. Keith sheathed his knife and stood up, Lance grabbed his wrist, "We can talk some other time if you want." He told the Galra. Keith smiled again, "That would be nice, but don't think about pulling any tricks." He said. Lance gasped, "I'm offended." He said and pouted. With that Keith exited the room. "This is going to be interesting." The prince thought with a smile.

Time skip(3 months later)

Lance was in the garden. This was the first time in months that he actually got to go outside. Keith was near him, his ears twitching to detect any threats. Lance giggled, Keith may seem tough and scary at times but he's actually kinda cute (or at least Lance thinks so).

He was making a flower crown and once he was done he asked Keith over. The Blade walked over to him. "Sit down." The prince said. Keith obeyed and sat on his knees. Lance placed the crown on his head, avoiding the Galra's ears. "There. Now you look less serious." Lance said. Keith was confuse and looked up at the flower crown.

Lance couldn't help but smile, "It's not going to attack." He said. Keith looked at him, "I know it's not going to do anything, but why did you give it to me?" He said. "Well, we've known each other for 3 phoebes now," Lance started. Keith starred at him with an eyebrow raised, "3 phoebes of you being a handful, you're basically a child." He commented.

The Altean looked at him with a smirk, "Yes, but these have been some of the better phoebes of my life and your only 3 deca-phoebes older than me." He finished. Lance looked up at the sky, it's a clear day. Lance couldn't remember the last time he got to enjoy an evening like this.