Chapter 30

Ananya still hadn't recovered from what she had heard yesterday and today was the event. She had to face him today .......

She absolutely regretted taking that hasty decision 3 years ago probably if she waited a bit more longer she would've understood that Nikhil was innocent and probably they would've been leading a happy life today.

Priya left too without completing the story, Priya hadn't completely forgiven Ananya ad well. Ananya really wanted their friendship back also she wanted Nikhil back to....

Ananya had decided to speak to Nikhil today she wanted his apology ....

/ / /

Ananya dressed herself up into her formal saree and did her hair in a low bun and with a with a low heart she went to the venue. The event started and slowly the guests started coming in, when Ananya was helping to welcome the guests she saw Nikhil entering the hall through the doors. Ananya's heart skipped a beat and immediately she started to again feel guilty and upset on what she did three years ago and Nikhil's helpless face crossed her mind from three years ago.

Nikhil entered the hall and the first person he saw in there was Ananya his eyes locked with Ananya's and a thousand varied emotions and thought crossed through their hearts. Without removing his gaze from hers Nikhil went upto her and asked "is everything ok Ananya ?"

"Yes" Ananya managed to say and she moved away from his presence which was giving her strange feelings . Soon some cheering and applauds filled the room when Ananya looked up to see what it is was she saw Nikhil's grandfather and Nikhils mom and dad coming through. Ananya didn't knew how to react, they all loved her so much and was there for her through her hard time but what she did to them was unforgivable.

The event then progressed, soon the Varma family was called to the stage by Ananya. Seeing Ananya was indeed a shock for Nikhil's family but they didn't speak or express their feelings as people were around them.

Ananya saw Priya and her little toddler running running across the hall, Ananya went up the child and knelt down and hugged Priya's child, she resembled Varun a lot. A lone tear escaped from Ananya's eyes as the memories of Varun flashed across her mind, Ananya then pecked a kiss onto the child's forehead.

"What's your name darling ?" Ananya asked

"Sree Lakshmi" the child said

"Wow beautiful name !!" Ananya complimented and hugged the child again.

"Who are you ?" Sree Lakshmi innocently asked Ananya. Suddenly Priya noticed Sree Laksmi in Anu's embrace and quickly picked up the child and moved away from Ananya leaving Ananya upset.

I deserve it Ananya thought in her mind.

Soon the grant celebration came to an end, Ananya wanted to speak to Nikhil's family but because Nikhil's grandfather wasn't feeling well they went home early. Once all the guests had left Ananya too picked up her bag to leave. Devi left half an hour ago but Ananya stayed back to settle her payments.

After picking up the bag and settling everything Ananya walked out of the hall and picked up her phone to call for the taxi but she heard a familiar strong sound from behind her which always managed create a effect in her "are you calling for a taxi ?" Nikhil asked her.

He was looking ever so handsome today in his three piece suit. He has became much more muscular compared to three years ago, "if your done staring then can you reply." Nikhil said making Ananya embarrassed.

"Sorry Sir and yes I am going to call the taxi". Ananya replied

"Can you stop calling me Sir ! Call me Nikhil like you used to ".